Receiving letters with the same address but different name

Posted 30th Mar
hey guys hope you keeping well. just wanted to know what is the best course of action. i moved into a new build property last year but have been receiving different letters to different names like this morning a halifax letter came through for someone else but my address. have also received like debt collection letters. i have called a few companies saying its wrong address but im getting tired just calling around. should i just return to sender all letters that come through?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Just write 'not known at this address' and stick them in a postbox
13 Comments
All you can do is put return to sender on the envelope and post them back.

Contacting companies and explaining the situation wont solve the issue as your not the account holder
I love the debt collection letters, not in my name.
I call them and tell them to please visit my house as dog needs her daily run.

I used to call the and inform them etc, but like you cant be bothered any more.
No one ever visited me.
I had the issue when I bought my new built, Post office gave wrong post code out.
Re halifex I would call in case its fraud.
My dad brought a new built old farm land, Credit check said somone lived there first, but was a field.
bigwheels30/03/2020 11:44

I love the debt collection letters, not in my name.I call them and tell …I love the debt collection letters, not in my name.I call them and tell them to please visit my house as dog needs her daily run.I used to call the and inform them etc, but like you cant be bothered any more.No one ever visited me.I had the issue when I bought my new built, Post office gave wrong post code out.Re halifex I would call in case its fraud.My dad brought a new built old farm land, Credit check said somone lived there first, but was a field.

I was also nervous about the Halifax one. I will give them a call just incase. Cheers
Everything for old tenant goes back to sender for me now. Sent a load to her forwarding address when I moved in and they just got sent back as not accepted so I just send back to sender every time there's a number gathered.
adeljay9230/03/2020 11:45

I was also nervous about the Halifax one. I will give them a call just …I was also nervous about the Halifax one. I will give them a call just incase. Cheers

Don't worry too much as Credit files don't go on address any more so it shouldn't affect your personal score. If you get bailiffs turn up just explain to them and they be off.
All you can do is write on envelope...return to sender...unknown tenant and post it back...doesn’t mean you still won’t get these letters for other people... got one through the post this morning for a letter I have been returning back for the last 7 years now(mad)
Straight into our shredder
Deleted_30/03/2020 11:40

All you can do is put return to sender on the envelope and post them back. …All you can do is put return to sender on the envelope and post them back. Contacting companies and explaining the situation wont solve the issue as your not the account holder

this. did it for 8 months. all stopped now.
phillred30/03/2020 11:39

Yep, that's what I did for a few weeks - never received any more after...
Put return to sender, but might be an idea to also write - new build property, addressee has never lived here.
we had countless debt agency letters and on a few occasions people with clipboards coming around asking for someone who lived at the property previously. there were letters from court etc too. anyway, i wrote to the officials who replied saying that until they have that name pop up at a different address (registered on electoral role) they cant do owt about it. in the end.. didn't even bother to RTS just binned em.
New build? Probably people have put plot number not house number or vice versa.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions