Recertified WD drive arrived - which tests for thorough check?

Found 3rd Jun
Hi all, recently bought a recertified 4GB USB full size hard drive from Western Digital.

Now I have the drive I would like to ideally give it a thorough check to make sure none of it is damaged before I 'accept' it so to speak.

What would be the sensible sequence of checks and test I would need to carry out and tools involved?

I will be using it as a backup for all my photos and video taken in years gone by and new ones I download from phone/camera going forward.

As an aside, I have a new 4GB WD Red Pro (which I will also test with your suggestions). So whenever I copy/backup anything to the recertified WD USB drive, I plan to also copy from that to the new 4GB Red Pro drive. That way I can be more confident when deleting the originals from laptop computer, having the files in two places should one fail.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
You won't get many videos with 4GB.
3 Comments
You won't get many videos with 4GB.
Yeah I think you mean 4TB. I would probably just check the smart report on it but anything recertified should be up to new standard anyway. Only ones to stay away from are seller refurbished.
Try crystaldisk
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions