Groups

rechargable batteries..which ones to buy??

Hi all,i'm looking to get some and i'm spoilt for choice
    any input would be great as to what make is the best
    sizes i use most are aa,aaa but spending a fortune
    help plz
    thanks in advance

9 Comments

Banned

dcx_badass;8435735

Branded of the highest mah rating you can find.

^ This, but note that the most expensive ones aren't always the best. 7dayshop do pretty good deals on rechargables

I use C energiser ones here 2500Mah, 6 of them only do about one hour on a Bush DAB Radio, make of that what you will.

I'd avoid normal rechargeables (Ni-cd and Ni-mh). They work fine but everytime we need one its discharged and we have to wait until its charged (they discharge over a month whether you use them or not)

Get hybrid or eneloop rechargeables - they are slightly more expensive but infinitely more usable as they retain the charge for up to a year (when not used). Once you've used these you'll never buy the normal rechargeables again (well at least we won't).

dcx_badass;8435735

Branded of the highest mah rating you can find.

Absolutely agree with this.
    I use AA Duracell Supremes 2650 mah. Also aaa Duracell 1000mah. (I also have a Sony 20 minute charger, but can't see this for sale anymore. It is quick, but with a built in fan it's very loud)
    If you go cheaper you will become fed up of having to charge them when you just want to use them.
    I tried that route!

Banned

poundland ones are fine for remotes : )

tangramman;8436720

poundland ones are fine for remotes : )

Normal batteries are better for remotes, Rechargeable lose their charge before normal batteries would run out.

Banned

Thats why they are RECHARGEABLE...........

I use Tesco branded rechargeables and they seem perfectly fine?!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …150354
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764526
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?32151
      4. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2733

See more discussions