Groups

Rechargeable batteries and charger

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good set of AA/AAA rechargeable batteries and a charger to go with them? seems to be so many around, will be used for remote control cars/xbox remote/digital camera things like that. TIA

9 Comments

Eneloops for batteries (about £11 for four AA). Also try IKEA LADDA (about £5 for four) which are supposedly made in the same factory as Eneloops. Charger? Xtar VC4 (around £20) is very good plus will charge Lithium Ion cells should you need those in the future for more power hungry devices.

eneloops are great, as previous post said, as are the Fujitsu ones (re-branded eneloops from what I can tell, but a bit cheaper). Also try website '7 day shop,' they sell eneloops and also their own brand of batteries, which I use also for remotes and kids toys etc, and these are fabulous value. Check out the charger on website, model WH2-DS-229, and this too is good value at around £10ish. Good luck.

I bought duracell charger and batteries and they were rubbish, hardly lasted any time. bought lidl batteries and they are great

Amazon's own brand for me have worked great in my camera, also use them for Lego trains too

Really cheap too

donnamaca

I bought duracell charger and batteries and they were rubbish, hardly … I bought duracell charger and batteries and they were rubbish, hardly lasted any time. bought lidl batteries and they are great

​I agree my charger always say they are faulty and give charger errors. I always found batteries go missing as well so the cheaper the better until you see how it goes.

maplins have a selection

link does not work but argos do them in the clearance section
    more expensive but maybe closer

eneloop pro's and lite versions starting at 5.99 going upto 19.99 for 2500 mah the higher mah value the better ( milliampere hour )

Edited by: "123mark123" 19th May

123mark123

eneloop pro's and lite versions starting at 5.99 going upto 19.99 for … eneloop pro's and lite versions starting at 5.99 going upto 19.99 for 2500 mah the higher mah value the better ( milliampere hour )

That depends on what you're using them for. A higher capacity from the same factory will generally mean a reduced lifetime, for example the eneloop pros are only rated for 500 charges instead of 2100 for the normal eneloops.

If it's for something you're charging every day then chances are eneloops rather than eneloop pros would be a better choice.

You definitely want the eneloop-style low self discharge batteries though rather than the older rechargables.

EndlessWaves

That depends on what you're using them for. A higher capacity from the … That depends on what you're using them for. A higher capacity from the same factory will generally mean a reduced lifetime, for example the eneloop pros are only rated for 500 charges instead of 2100 for the normal eneloops. If it's for something you're charging every day then chances are eneloops rather than eneloop pros would be a better choice.You definitely want the eneloop-style low self discharge batteries though rather than the older rechargables.

Interesting, I really did not know about the charge cycles regarding higher mah
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would31126
      2. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2542
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767419
      4. The HDUK home for Star Trek: Discovery77

See more discussions