Groups

Rechecking Baggage

I'm going to USA next week, on my return back to England I stop in Washington DC for a couple hours and then Dublin only for 50 minutes, just wanted to ask if anybody knew if I have to recheck my luggage back to England from Dublin, I know in Washington I won't have to do it but I'm unsure about Dublin. Thanks

7 Comments

is it same airline etc? 50mins isn't long for a stop over did you book flights at same time through one supplier?

Who are you flying with and is it all on one PNR?

If it is a single PNR, then your bag will be checked in all the way till your final destination. If it is two different tickets bought separately, then you may have a problem.

Original Poster

justanothercid

is it same airline etc? 50mins isn't long for a stop over did you book … is it same airline etc? 50mins isn't long for a stop over did you book flights at same time through one supplier?

Yeah everything is booked through one supplier

Original Poster

bozo007

If it is a single PNR, then your bag will be checked in all the way till … If it is a single PNR, then your bag will be checked in all the way till your final destination. If it is two different tickets bought separately, then you may have a problem.

It is a single, I know when you get to the country you of your final destination then you have to recheck luggage, When i go to the states and i connect in Detroit, i will have to recheck my luggage to New York. When i leave New York i know i don't have to recheck in Washington but I'm unsure about rechecking in Dublin.

cameronswift

It is a single, I know when you get to the country you of your final … It is a single, I know when you get to the country you of your final destination then you have to recheck luggage, When i go to the states and i connect in Detroit, i will have to recheck my luggage to New York. When i leave New York i know i don't have to recheck in Washington but I'm unsure about rechecking in Dublin.

Not required in Dublin, you will be in international transit.

Original Poster

bozo007

Not required in Dublin, you will be in international transit.

Okay thanks, was only worried about it because of how short my connection is
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best 40 inch TV for £30056
      2. Biscuit addiction1231
      3. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1325
      4. Easyjet - book now or wait?813

See more discussions