Groups

Reciepts Through the Washing Machine

Hi, I'm supposed to be going on holiday in a few days and have been doing some shopping. I bought a couple of holdalls from Argos, and thought I'd give one of them back based on how much stuff I could fit inside.
    I accidentally left the receipt in my trousers, which have just come out of the washing machine.
    You can just about tell it's an Argos receipt, but not when it was printed, or what items were bought.

Is there any chance I'd still be able to return the item or would it be a wasted trip?

TIA

14 Comments

Banned

if you return within 28-days they may offer you store credit without proof of purchase - MAY

Personally, at our store (not argos mind) it would depend on the mood of the customer service advisor as there is no proof that the product you are returning is the product on the recipet

Banned

Did you buy them on card? If so take your card statment.

It's have the date of the transaction so shouldn't be a problem with a bit of explaining

I have a habit of doing this to ££'s notes. lol

Syzable;5497659

I have a habit of doing this to ££'s notes. lol

That you doing the 'money laundering' then Sy ??

:whistling:

I'll do your washing for you....:whistling:

I used to live with someone who worked at argos and they once told me that a customer never needed a reciept...if they said they bought it from that store, and had someone else who said they were with them and saw them buy it then that was sufficient...not sure how reliable this is, just what I have been told, this was over xmas just gone.

Did the receipt come clean then?:whistling:

Rockhound;5497679

That you doing the 'money laundering' then Sy ??:whistling::p

:-D

dmtuk;5497683

I'll do your washing for you....:whistling:

Can you iron too?? :w00t:

Banned

dimebars;5497596

if you return within 28-days they may offer you store credit without … if you return within 28-days they may offer you store credit without proof of purchase - MAY

how would they know its within 28 dayts with no proof of purchase?

If it is in their current catalogue and if the buyer asks claims the same price that shows in their computers, i think they'll refund with no problem.

iv returned stuff from argos before without reciept - argos are pretty good with things like this

Syzable;5497770

:-D Can you iron too?? :w00t:

Yeah I'll iron the notes i find.....:-D

Original Poster

Thanks for the advice, I took it back and managed to get a gift card
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764166
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?27122
      3. Any PS4 News Here29213616
      4. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2954

See more discussions