Groups

Recipe: Make a Chocolate Cake for One in under 5 minutes!! (aka "Cake in a Mug") It's really easy...

OK, just thought I'd share this with you as it's become a bit of a favourite of mine.

You need:
    A Mug (the bigger the better)
    4 Tablespoons self raising flour
    4 Tablespoons sugar
    2 Tablespoons cocoa
    1 Egg
    3 Tablespoons milk
    3 Tablespoons oil

Optional:
    A drop of vanilla essence or a few bits of vanilla sugar.
    Chocolate chips (or even crushed chocolate!!)

Firstly, put the dry ingredients - the sugar, cocoa, flour and chcolate chips - into the mug and stir them until they are mixed. I find that a fork works well when mixing things druing this.

Now add the egg to this mixture and stir it again as much as possible. Next, add the remainder of the ingredients - the milk, oil and vanilla - and stir until it is fairly fluffy.

At no point in the above do you have to be too accurate. I find that it works, even if you rush it a little with your measurements and mixing.

Bung the mug in the microwave on full power for 3 minutes. Don't worry if it looks as though it's rising up too much in the first couple of minutes as it does shrink a bit nearer the end.

When it's finished, remove it from the microwave and enjoy!! CAUTION: it will be very hot when it comes out of the microwave oven.

128 Comments

Original Poster

Enjoy.

Aaaaahhhh that was nice!! :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Naeem786;3014402

Aaaaahhhh that was nice!! :thumbsup:

Hehe.

sounds good is it safe while pregnant with the egg in it?

babyxxxxx;3014411

sounds good is it safe while pregnant with the egg in it?

surely cake is safe:w00t:

Duckmagic!

You never cease to amaze me, Mobile hunter, bon viveur and now top chef too!

I'll give it to the wife see what she makes of it!!

Thanks

:thumbsup:

for real?

thanks, ill just replace ths sugar with splender

louloo;3014426

surely cake is safe:w00t:

lol i know that really but just checking :oops:

The cake is a lie.

Original Poster

loupomm;3014433

for real?

It does work, if that's what you're asking.

Original Poster

harlzter;3014443

The cake is a lie.

Why would I lie about a recipie for cake? :-D

It looks like this (not my pic):

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/794/chocolatecake11gq8.jpg

Ive made full size cakes in the microwave before and they are pretty good when you consider the time/result ration, have a slightly sticky texture to them but good non the less alternatively put chocolate sauce/jam/golden syrup (or other topping of your choice, I say topping because at the end the bottom becomes the top) in the bottom of a pudding bowl or deep cereal bowl and pour the cake "batter" over then nuke for a few minutes and you have a very quick very simple pudding!

[SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue]Disclaimer: Nuked jam or other sugar based toppings can be very hot so be careful and allow to cool a while before tucking in!!!
    I will not be responsible for third degree burns to tongues
    [/COLOR][/SIZE] :whistling:

duckmagicuk2;3014460

Why would I lie about a recipie for cake? :-D It looks like this (not my … Why would I lie about a recipie for cake? :-D It looks like this (not my pic):

I'm referring to a portion of the game half life 2 (orange box). Sorry for confuzimicating people:santa:

That picture actually detracts from the attraction, it reminds me of 2 girls 1* ....... oh never mind, forget that

*messy chocolate cake

Now, this is what you call a 'Cup' cake! :w00t: Well...mug....

I'll get me coat......

Original Poster

harlzter;3014472

Ive made full size cakes in the microwave before and they are pretty … Ive made full size cakes in the microwave before and they are pretty good when you consider the time/result ration, have a slightly sticky texture to them but good non the less alternatively put chocolate sauce/jam/golden syrup (or other topping of your choice, I say topping because at the end the bottom becomes the top) in the bottom of a pudding bowl or deep cereal bowl and pour the cake "batter" over then nuke for a few minutes and you have a very quick very simple pudding!

Although you should probably be careful putting jam in the microwave as it has a VERY high boiling point and will be extremely hot when it comes out...

WantOne;3014431

Duckmagic!You never cease to amaze me, Mobile hunter, bon viveur and now … Duckmagic!You never cease to amaze me, Mobile hunter, bon viveur and now top chef too!I'll give it to the wife see what she makes of it!!Thanks:thumbsup:

What has giving it to the wife got to do with chocolate cake...? :? :w00t:

Hmmm... will give this a go with the kids one day, thanks :thumbsup:

Liddle ol' me;3014523

What has giving it to the wife got to do with chocolate cake...? :? … What has giving it to the wife got to do with chocolate cake...? :? :w00t:

Oh dear youve lowered yourself to our level now:p

harlzter;3014480

That picture actually detracts from the attraction, it reminds me of 2 … That picture actually detracts from the attraction, it reminds me of 2 girls 1 ....... oh never mind, forget that

no no no

Not on this forum

2 Things:

Poo in a cup

The duck is looking a bit bald my friend

[SIZE=1](not a euphemism)[/SIZE]

Mrs.Z;3014532

Hmmm... will give this a go with the kids one day, thanks :thumbsup:

No dont do that it works best with eggs and flour etc:whistling:

Plus you will never fit them in AND shut the microwave door:p

ahhh ****, dont have flour...would of been a good snack for a film

all i need is some vanilla, so im buying that tomorrow and giving this a try.

Original Poster

emasu;3014545

The duck is looking a bit bald my friend[SIZE=1](not a euphemism)[/SIZE]

Well he had summer clothes on but it's not really summer anymore. He'll probably get a make-over every now and again, so stay tuned for more "limited edition" avatars. :thumbsup:

You need:A Mug (the bigger the better)

Will David Cameron do?

loupomm;3014553

ahhh ****, dont have flour...would of been a good snack for a film

Films can eat snacks? [SIZE=2]***mmm ponders this revelation***
    [/SIZE]

Original Poster

hypnoticstate;3014559

all i need is some vanilla, so im buying that tomorrow and giving this a … all i need is some vanilla, so im buying that tomorrow and giving this a try.

I usually miss it out.

duckmagicuk2;3014561

Well he had summer clothes on but it's not really summer anymore. He'll … Well he had summer clothes on but it's not really summer anymore. He'll probably get a make-over every now and again, so stay tuned for more "limited edition" avatars. :thumbsup:

Give him a farmers hat and a tractor.

could I use baking powder instead of flour?

Im goin to try this now, will let you know how it turns out in about 10 mins cheers ducky

i dont like vanilla

can you sub choc for other flavours?

my fave is coffee

I'd put some chocolate buttons in it.

black gerbil1;3014589

could I use baking powder instead of flour?

black gerbil1;3014614

It's been like 1 minute.

black gerbil1;3014614

Yea, make sure you use double the amount :whistling:

emasu;3014620

It's been like 1 minute.

hes desperate for cake :w00t:

mine taste like rubber lol

birdyboyuk;3014625

Yea, make sure you use double the amount :whistling:

dont know if I should turst you:p

loupomm;3014628

hes desperate for cake :w00t:

I've just had 15 meatballs and chips and a large ht dog at ikea.. i'm cool

hmmm you mught need the [COLOR="Red"]self raising [/COLOR]flour for a reason...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …5052519
      2. Should Cyclists pay road tax and insurance?43
      3. 41% of 40-60 year olds do not go for a brisk walk of >10 minutes A MONTH!1117
      4. word association Game72944199

See more discussions