Reclaim your in app purchases from Apple - CLAIM BY APRIL 15TH

Found 4th Apr 2014
Have you been victim of your kids rogue in app purchases on iPad/iPhone? Or if you've fallen victim yourself.

If so then Apple are handing out refunds atm. Taken from our Facebook post facebook.com/pho…018

We've seen some emails that show Apple are providing refunds for in-app purchases made as "it was too easy for kids to make in-app purchases". Here is what you can do if you want to request a refund:

1. Check your emails for this notification.
2. Go to iTunes Store and select 'view your Purchase History.
3. Go to getsupport.apple.com/Ser….do
4. Provide the info on the above link and state "Refund for In-App purchase made by a minor".

You should receive confirmation from Apple in due course that a refund is on its way to you. We've seen some HUGE refunds being made. Let us know how you get on. You MUST do this before April 15th.
Community Updates
58 Comments
Link to post HERE

Link to apple [https://getsupport.apple.com/GetproductgroupList.action]HERE[/url]

Edited by: "Syzable" 4th Apr 2014
I got £78 back...
The links don't work....read it was mainly for American customers.
How is it easy for a minor to do in app purchases? Dont you need a password?
how do you claim if the purchases were over 90 days old ?
ifrazalam

How is it easy for a minor to do in app purchases? Dont you need a … How is it easy for a minor to do in app purchases? Dont you need a password?

Once you have entered the password to get the "free" app then you can buy the in - app extras without the password
Can't even find view your purchase history!!
If you set it up properly the kids can't access anything without the password.
Dumb people using technology as a substitute for adequate parenting.
ohh yes.... all my apps were made by a minor...
cubed

ohh yes.... all my apps were made by a minor...

Mine too. Crazy huh.
No email here. Granted, anything I have bought (about £5 worth) was most likely made by myself.

Still, gimmie free money please applez?
I have just spoken to apple support on chat and they have sorted it there.Anyone struggling with the links try this option.I have £47.88 going back onto my card from my sons spending spree on gems "clash of the clan".
I think the people who genuinely make in app purchases are even more idiotic than the parents letting their kids run wild on their credit cards.

In app purchases are a rip off and are ruining gaming, and by buying into it you are supporting it!
Just need Microsoft to do something similar now after my son ordered 60 quid wroth of games. I asked for a refund before the games were even downloaded and they wouldn't budge. One of them I already had a physical copy of too!
airdam

Just need Microsoft to do something similar now after my son ordered 60 … Just need Microsoft to do something similar now after my son ordered 60 quid wroth of games. I asked for a refund before the games were even downloaded and they wouldn't budge. One of them I already had a physical copy of too!

Why should they refund you because of your inability to set up parental controls?
deleted57959

only if your stupid enough to not control the parental setttings, and … only if your stupid enough to not control the parental setttings, and also the password free time is 15 minutes.

If you set up the parental controls as I have (not being stupid) they are erased by apple after the updates that is why they believe they are liable to refund the costs.
Why are Apple refunding stupid parents? (_;)
my daughter spent £100 3 years ago on in app purchases before i was aware what they were and how easy it was for kids to buy.....ten mins in live chat today and all refunded. made my day :-)
So every in app purchase I make or app purchase even if its for free I have to enter my password as I have it set that way so my son dosent have 15 mins to accidently buy anything. Is that not straight forward.
it is to easy that's why they are doing refunds ,few times my daughter has bought things by accident ,click on item and its bought ,no checking or confirming that you wish to buy .I would never enter my card details though I buy iTunes vouchers so she can never spend to much
This is rediculous. My son cost me £50 due to him ringing random numbers. I know this isnt the same but, it was my own fault for not putting the key lock on. I paid it and moved on. People just want easy money. Who os to say people aint buying apps then blaming the children? Dumb move apple, dumb move!!!
Makes you wonder what other things the "kids" may be up to when on your idevices.
Best workaround? Seperate Apple ID for kids funded only by gift certificates. The most damage they can do then is the amount of the certificate
I really don't get how your kids can be running up huge bills when every time I want to download even the free apps I always get asked to put my password in.There is no-way any of mine could without a password and if they wanted something I would download it for them so I can check what they are downloading.I believe that's why we have parental controls.
Parental controls set up properly stop this bad parenting tbh, it's just silly poor people that can't afford the IAP then thinking "oh god I'm such an idiot what will I do?" I know I'll blame it on my child.
That doesn't work as they spelt minor correctly. You can set the password up to be requested for every download and in app purchase with no password free time. Why would people not do this if they are letting youngsters play on their phones?
i would to be able to do this but i cant seem to figure out how?? if anyone could tell me?? i cant find in app purchases!!
the link is not workin!!!!????
£378 wahooooo
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/01/01dc6337573e5b0c902805f31b0b2195924465806fd7f84f005c71aaa6ab0a87.jpg
jenny2712

i would to be able to do this but i cant seem to figure out how?? if … i would to be able to do this but i cant seem to figure out how?? if anyone could tell me?? i cant find in app purchases!!

I had nightmare trying to figure this out tried on the iPad then tried it on the laptop and when I accessed iTunes on the laptop and signed in my email address was in the top left corner of the page I clicked on it and was then able to find my purchases after about a hour of trying on the iPad, hope this helps
bollydophie2013

That doesn't work as they spelt minor correctly. You can set the password … That doesn't work as they spelt minor correctly. You can set the password up to be requested for every download and in app purchase with no password free time. Why would people not do this if they are letting youngsters play on their phones?

This wasn't originally the case - there was no 'require password' option at the time and no warning that after the password was entered it wouldn't be required for another 15 minutes so some people thought that with the password being set the device couldn't be used for purchases when it couldn't be. This is why the FTC forced Apple into refunding if they hadn't already which I think is quite reasonable, it wasn't the case that Apple were forced to make refunds because people had failed to secure the device in any way.

John

I've emailed them but the guy has "requested assistant"
Is anyone having any luck with this?? Do you need to reply to Apple once they've got back to you??
stevenclark3382

Is anyone having any luck with this?? Do you need to reply to Apple once … Is anyone having any luck with this?? Do you need to reply to Apple once they've got back to you??

I just messaged them then they asked for the order numbers and i replied with the order numbers and they guy said he's "requesting assistance" lol. I'll let you know if I end up getting a refund.
RandomUsername

I just messaged them then they asked for the order numbers and i replied … I just messaged them then they asked for the order numbers and i replied with the order numbers and they guy said he's "requesting assistance" lol. I'll let you know if I end up getting a refund.

I've sent off an email stating "unauthorised in app purchases made by a child" and all the order numbers but I don't use my apple I.D email address and can't access it now so will I still receive the credit?
LaterrMaterr

I've sent off an email stating "unauthorised in app purchases made by a … I've sent off an email stating "unauthorised in app purchases made by a child" and all the order numbers but I don't use my apple I.D email address and can't access it now so will I still receive the credit?

If they do give you a refund it'll probably be added to your iTunes account so you'll need to sign in to spend it, but I'm not sure.
my 12 yr old son managed to run up a £116 fifa bill on his iphone back in January , so i emailed apple they looked into it and refunded us , thankfully. Still not sure how my son did it as he doesn't know the password to the itunes account , needless to say i have since removed my card from the itunes account so the same trouble can't happen again .
Refund in my bank today
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants