Recommend a carpet cleaner machine

Posted 15th Dec 2019
Can anyone recommend a carpet cleaner machine. It’s just for domestic use. We have a dog and lots of mud outdoors so hiring one is not really an economical solution
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

15 Comments
George wet vacuum.
flowersofwar15/12/2019 22:27

George wet vacuum.

That’s one I was looking at but read today although it’s a great all rounder, it’s not the best carpet cleaner.
esar15/12/2019 22:32

Vaxhttps://www.therange.co.uk/household/cleaning/carpet-cleaning/vax-rapide-spring-clean-carpet-washer/

How much can you clean with one tank of water? Looks a decent machine.
pugit66615/12/2019 22:34

How much can you clean with one tank of water? Looks a decent machine.

Dunno, but it's detachable and the solution will work better if warm, try YouTube for a better Insight
esar15/12/2019 22:46

Dunno, but it's detachable and the solution will work better if warm, try …Dunno, but it's detachable and the solution will work better if warm, try YouTube for a better Insight[Video]

Great thanks I’ll check that out
pugit66615/12/2019 22:47

Great thanks I’ll check that out

Make sure you regularly change the filters and wash it out thoroughly- ours stank even then despite spending as much time cleaning the machine as doing the living room carpet.
Decent machine, we had it with the hand and other attachments from a deal on here
MrKrabs15/12/2019 22:54

Make sure you regularly change the filters and wash it out thoroughly- …Make sure you regularly change the filters and wash it out thoroughly- ours stank even then despite spending as much time cleaning the machine as doing the living room carpet.Decent machine, we had it with the hand and other attachments from a deal on here

That’s good advice cheers, have learned through experience to clean the washing machine regular too
Bissell Big Green. We bought one recently. Not cheap but well worth it. Amazing results and impressive build quality:

amazon.co.uk/BIS…JW/

I bought mine from AO on eBay when there was a 20% discount.
I've had a Bissel pro-heat for a number of years, its pretty good, has a water heater and so far been reliable, ideally would like a little more suck (the motor is about 700 watt) and it takes me about 2 or 3 fills to do a moderately large sized room.

If I was ordering one today, I would be tempted by a rug doctor as the folding handle would probably make it more convenient for me to store, although I'd obviously look into performance first:- currys.co.uk/gbu…tml

Can't store them anywhere the water left in the works might freeze as that would damage the machine.

Another I liked the design of was a Samsung aqua sync as it looked like, and can be used as a regular bagless cylinder vacuum, but is no longer available in the UK, probably because it was way too expensive (I wouldn't be surprised if it was infringing Dyson patents too). Also, it didn't have a powered scrubbing brush so wouldn't be as good at washing amazon.co.uk/Sam…H52
Edited by: "melted" 15th Dec 2019
melted15/12/2019 23:10

I've had a Bissel pro-heat for a number of years, its pretty good, has a …I've had a Bissel pro-heat for a number of years, its pretty good, has a water heater and so far been reliable, ideally would like a little more suck (the motor is about 700 watt) and it takes me about 2 or 3 fills to do a moderate large sized room. If I was ordering one today, I would be tempted by a rug doctor as the folding handle would probably make it more convenient for me to store, although I'd obviously look into performance first:- https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/home-appliances/floorcare/surface-cleaners/rug-doctor-93170-deep-carpet-cleaner-red-grey-10141201-pdt.html Can't store them anywhere the water left in the works might freeze as that would damage the machine.Another I liked the design of was a Samsung aqua sync as it looked like, and can be used as a regular bagless cylinder vacuum, but is no longer available in the UK, probably because it was way too expensive (I wouldn't be surprised if it was infringing Dyson patents too). Also, it didn't have a powered scrubbing brush so wouldn't be as good at washing https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Motion-Sync-Litre-Vitality/dp/B00OTZDH52

I upgraded from a Bissell Pro-Heat. We used to hire a Rugdoctor but Bissell Big Green is better. It also has a folding handle to make storage easier.
Thanks guys, I’ll look at the bissell pro too, thanks for the thorough reviews
We have a Vax W90-RU-B Rapide since 2013 and its worked well so far.
Why not just a commercial carpet cleaner if your looking at bissell prices?
flowersofwar16/12/2019 15:55

Why not just a commercial carpet cleaner if your looking at bissell prices?

I haven’t looked at any prices yet. I live a few miles from any hire places so hiring isn’t really economical
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants