Recommend a cheap 4G android phone for tethering

Found 21st Jul 2017
Hey, I'm looking for a cheap 4G phone to use as a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot. Any recommendations?

I don't even care if it's second hand - I'll only be using it as a hotspot
Community Updates
AskiPhonePhonesAndroid
6 Comments
4g hotspot

what about that
You could be lucky and find stock around your area with this one (3 stores around myself in N.Ireland showing stock). Locked to Three but unlock codes between 99p-£2 on ebay. You have to take a £15 30 day contract for 5gb data, but you can cancel after that. Makes it £25 including 5gb data.

THREE Pay Monthly 4G MiFi £9.99 PCWorld/Currys

Can also pick them up in CEX for around £15-£30
CEX MIFI link
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 22nd Jul 2017
Another only £25 but it'll do wifi or wired connectivity

or for a cheap cheap phone at £50 Phone
I probably should've emphasised that it needs to be a phone because I'd be using a 3 phone SIM in it. If I try it in a MiFi or whatever, they'll know
HereKittyKitty

I probably should've emphasised that it needs to be a phone because I'd … I probably should've emphasised that it needs to be a phone because I'd be using a 3 phone SIM in it. If I try it in a MiFi or whatever, they'll know

Keep an eye on O2 website the "Like New" devices. The Lenovo B normally pops in and out of stock at £19.99. If ordering (almost fooled myself also) you have to pick a tarriff for PAYG then it says for example £10 top up. It doesn't actually mean you pay £10 ontop of the device price, only means when the device arrives if you use the sim and top it up by £10 that is what you get.

O2 Like New Devices
cecilmcroberts22nd Jul

Keep an eye on O2 website the "Like New" devices. The Lenovo B normally …Keep an eye on O2 website the "Like New" devices. The Lenovo B normally pops in and out of stock at £19.99. If ordering (almost fooled myself also) you have to pick a tarriff for PAYG then it says for example £10 top up. It doesn't actually mean you pay £10 ontop of the device price, only means when the device arrives if you use the sim and top it up by £10 that is what you get. O2 Like New Devices

Thanks Cecil, I checked the "like new" section with no joy, but they're selling the Lenovo B brand new for £30 until the 26th, so, for the sake of £10, I decided to grab it
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants