Groups

Recommend a cheap london hotel?

Hi
    i need help
    been looking for a cheap hotel room in london
    closest ive found is ilford travelodge at £52 + £10 early check in as i need check in from 2pm
    so £62 is the cheapest
    anyone know anything decent and cheaper for the 3rd of march?

37 Comments

Tried YHA central London? The one in Bolsover street is excellent. Youth hostels have come a long way & are better than some hotels. You can also pay with tesco clubcard vouchers.

Original Poster

tesco vouchers will have to be converted would take too long
    and looking for a double room
    not single same sex
    thanks for looking

bhara;7971585

tesco vouchers will have to be converted would take too longand looking … tesco vouchers will have to be converted would take too longand looking for a double roomnot single same sexthanks for looking

When i was looking for rooms in london i found some for around £32ish in London Barking on travelodge find my thread and you will see loads of info there. I also checked Hotels.com and there are loads there and they are decent prices aswell will be cheaper than the £62 you have found. :thumbsup:

bhara;7971585

tesco vouchers will have to be converted would take too longand looking … tesco vouchers will have to be converted would take too longand looking for a double roomnot single same sexthanks for looking

Just for future ref - you can get private 2 - bed rooms in Youth Hostels now (not same sex!)

Anyway - when are you looking to go?

can confirm the barking one - they have 3 hotels next to each other - formulae 1 - 33 p/n , premiere inn and ibis - they are next to tescos and on the A406 , have free parking , but no tube/ rail station within walkin distance

Original Poster

LJM;7971960

Just for future ref - you can get private 2 - bed rooms in Youth Hostels … Just for future ref - you can get private 2 - bed rooms in Youth Hostels now (not same sex!)Anyway - when are you looking to go?

sorry just updated
    3rd march
    the youth hostel didnt offer a double room on the site given

ohh just re read the barking travel lodge is in a different area to the ones mentioned in my other post on here - just gave you a couple more options

Original Poster

zedf;7971740

When i was looking for rooms in london i found some for around £32ish in … When i was looking for rooms in london i found some for around £32ish in London Barking on travelodge find my thread and you will see loads of info there. I also checked Hotels.com and there are loads there and they are decent prices aswell will be cheaper than the £62 you have found. :thumbsup:

denandyas;7971989

can confirm the barking one - they have 3 hotels next to each other - … can confirm the barking one - they have 3 hotels next to each other - formulae 1 - 33 p/n , premiere inn and ibis - they are next to tescos and on the A406 , have free parking , but no tube/ rail station within walkin distance

Barking travelodge is £69 at the mo with early check in
    will have a looking at formulae one

bhara;7971991

sorry just updated3rd marchthe youth hostel didnt offer a double room on … sorry just updated3rd marchthe youth hostel didnt offer a double room on the site given

You have to check on the 'advanced search'

I think there are lots of BB as well one of them is barking park hotel / bb on tanner street or GB hotels - hth

Original Poster

Rhys135;7971988

]Easy Hotel

thanks
    looks good
    but they only do 3pm check in

just checked at formulae one they have rooms

Original Poster

denandyas;7972128

just checked at formulae one they have rooms

after reading reviews on trip advisor it doesnt look like a good option
    thank for looking though
    repped

no probs - never stayed in there - have you tried the ibis and premiere inn ?

Original Poster

they both cost more than £62 so not a good option
    the cheaper rooms are near heathrow which is too far from central london

hmmm b+b maybe then ?

try ilford , east ham , stratford also

give me a check in date and i'll find the barking one for less than £50 :thumbsup:

really disco how will you do that ?

Banned

rossmorehotel.com/roo…tml

this place is £45 a night...its in ilford on cranbrook road

denandyas;7972358

really disco how will you do that ?

because you just need to know where/how to search the TL website properly..

TL ? could be good for future reference ...

denandyas;7972392

TL ? could be good for future reference ...

travelodge? :?

lol - my bad -

denandyas;7972422

lol - my bad -

give me a date ya looking at for London. there are Barking Rooms coming back at £19 for April

think the op is looking for march 3 rd according to his threads

Original Poster

denandyas;7972437

think the op is looking for march 3 rd according to his threads

yes thats correct
    march 3rd

Original Poster

doesnt have to be in that area
    can be more centrally too
    but that area or central only

Original Poster

bykergrove;7972368

http://www.rossmorehotel.com/rooms.htmlthis place is £45 a night...its in … http://www.rossmorehotel.com/rooms.htmlthis place is £45 a night...its in ilford on cranbrook road

thanks for that
    but it sounds horrible
    tripadvisor.co.uk/Hot…tml

Original Poster

bump..

lol no luck yet ......have you tried stratford . For your price and lateness I doubt you will find any cheaper hotel .... you might want to try a B+B or try gumtree short term lets ...or a friends sofa?

Original Poster

lol no friends in close proximity to where i need to be have a spare room for two
    gumtree i am a bit sceptical about
    looking into b+b and theyre all like £50 and dont include shower or anything around stratford
    just waiting for a reply from the easy hotel place if theyll allow me to check in at 2

wheres the easy hotel thought it was too far ?

Original Poster

it was near earls court i guess its close enough to central london and for £45 its cheap for london price

yeah to be honest this sounds good and it's in central london ...much better than barking / stratford ...good luck

Original Poster

thanks
    will see
    if not back to searching lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick88
      2. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat99
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2324
      4. Win a two day trip to Greenwich with VisitLondon22