Groups

Recommend a Cottage/Caravan in Devon/Cornwall

Would really like to take the family down to the South West coast either at Easter or in the summer.
    Anyone recommend any good spots to go at a reasonable price, near a beach suitable fore kids aged 5-8?

11 Comments

I like Cornwall. We are staying just outside Falmouth this year as that's where we found ourselves mostly going on days out. Fantastic place with loads to do if weather is poor. No surf unlike Hayle and St Ives area but beaches are fantastic and better for kids. We were staying just outside Hayle. The old piggery.... I think cottages are far better value than vans but it depends if you want the club house ect. Cottage would be about £750. Prices have gone up the last few years as some pay far more.

We go looe every year we have booked with toadhall cottages or cornish collection we usuallt pay between 350 or 500 for easter, east looe is more lively than west looe cant beat crabbing off the harbour wall
    Edited by: "ding" 11th Jan

Wringworthy Farm cottages, Morval near Looe. or Borahfarm In Mousehole, not far from Penzance/St Ives for daytrips

Original Poster

thanks all for this, its given me some ideas to start looking at google

national trust do some nice cottages to hire down that way

Almeida

thanks all for this, its given me some ideas to start looking at google

I have lived in Cornwall all my life and have been to every beach pretty much. When you narrow it down to a few drop me a pm if you like and ill run through pros and cons of each or give you ideas of what to do nearby.

Have a look at mother ivys bay near padstow. we camped there last august, but it has static caravans too. The site has its own private beach, and Constantine bay is only 10 mins walk away for surfing and body boarding. It's truly gorgeous round there!

Have a look at trevarth holiday park. It's near St agnes, only a 10 mins drive to Perranporth. We stayed there last summer it's a great site family run very clean and tidy. we are going back this year.

craigstephens

Have a look at mother ivys bay near padstow. we camped there last august, … Have a look at mother ivys bay near padstow. we camped there last august, but it has static caravans too. The site has its own private beach, and Constantine bay is only 10 mins walk away for surfing and body boarding. It's truly gorgeous round there!

​Totally agree. Great beaches and walks.

Original Poster

ThePasty

I have lived in Cornwall all my life and have been to every beach pretty … I have lived in Cornwall all my life and have been to every beach pretty much. When you narrow it down to a few drop me a pm if you like and ill run through pros and cons of each or give you ideas of what to do nearby.

​thanks mate will do
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767358
      2. word association Game73944529
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424414492
      4. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller11

See more discussions