Recommend A Decent PC Chair

Posted 10th Oct
Can anyone recommend a decent PC Chair for my eldest boy, budget is about £150 he uses his PC for gaming and will be taking it with him to UNI next year.

Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
I got this about 5 months ago. I had a look for ages and all the ones on amazon were much the same so just went for this in the end.

At the time the colours available were all similar costs but I wanted a black, however now it looks like all other colours are a good bit cheaper so I may have sacrificed the colour and went for a cheaper one.

In terms of the chair, having not really had anything similar, I think it's fairly good quality. I use it for work mainly and gaming from time to time. It is comfortable, I don't use the lumbar support but I do use the head cushion. Reclines to almost flat and has a rocking function, which you can lock in place.

Only thing it doesn't have, is rotating arm rests although you can adjust the height. Not a problem for me. It also doesn't have a leg extension like some, not something I would have the need for personally.

For the money I think it's a decent chair compared to some that are 2 or 3x the cost. Time will tell whether it lasts. Probably start to see the material start to age soon but at the moment, it still looks like new after 5 months and many hundreds of hours sat on it.
I work on the same chair for work and back at home for some PC gaming, this chair is perfect:

ikea.com/gb/…52/

Im a little tall so the higher back is perfect and really does support. very confortable too
If you can increase the budget, a 2nd hand herman miller aeron can work too - basically office chairs.
I have this one: ikea.com/gb/…52/ it's pretty comfortable and it has a ten year guarantee
Artonox10/10/2019 14:11

If you can increase the budget, a 2nd hand herman miller aeron can work …If you can increase the budget, a 2nd hand herman miller aeron can work too - basically office chairs.

yep, this is your best option, look at gumtree and ebay auctions, all fully serviceable and plemty of spare parts, they go for 800 ish new, got mine used for 200
darthbacca3710/10/2019 13:51

I work on the same chair for work and back at home for some PC gaming, …I work on the same chair for work and back at home for some PC gaming, this chair is perfect:https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/markus-office-chair-vissle-dark-grey-30261152/Im a little tall so the higher back is perfect and really does support. very confortable too

We have this too, its a good chair with a 10yr warranty!! Just don't be sucked in by the " gaming chairs" there's no such thing really, you're just paying over the odds for an office chair with a few cushions and fancy colours
frakison10/10/2019 14:26

We have this too, its a good chair with a 10yr warranty!! Just don't be …We have this too, its a good chair with a 10yr warranty!! Just don't be sucked in by the " gaming chairs" there's no such thing really, you're just paying over the odds for an office chair with a few cushions and fancy colours

100% gaming chairs a naff at best. YOu just need a good solid office chair that suits you and job done.

Also, TIL didnt know it was 10 year warrenty
I like the GT Omega Pro chairs, Kustom PC do them at £169 but it's collect only - kustompcs.co.uk/per…rs/
8pS7RrK0hkhJklD8b7bDjhkjPDckVGOVWBMn8aApwvEALw_wcB

Deffo recommend this chair, we got it on offer from our local at £90 may not have the bucket seat looks but bloody comfy, seems to be popular with most YouTubers too!
Blurryface10/10/2019 16:39

8pS7RrK0hkhJklD8b7bDjhkjPDckVGOVWBMn8aApwvEALw_wcB Deffo recommend this …8pS7RrK0hkhJklD8b7bDjhkjPDckVGOVWBMn8aApwvEALw_wcB Deffo recommend this chair, we got it on offer from our local at £90 may not have the bucket seat looks but bloody comfy, seems to be popular with most YouTubers too!

Got a link so I can have a look please..

Also Thx for all responses food for thought
MrSprkle10/10/2019 19:28

Got a link so I can have a look please..Also Thx for all responses food …Got a link so I can have a look please..Also Thx for all responses food for thought

Don't know how I managed to miss half the link lol

Below is the one I got, Markus office chair goose black

ikea.com/gb/en/p/markus-office-chair-glose-black-robust-black-20103101/?cid=gb%7Cps%7Cpla%7C%7C%7C%7C&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=Cj0KCQjwrfvsBRD7ARIsAKuDvMPL2ugD4NR6bkHNdLnQ3MkKIqBbmpZqnU1B-jpnpMkrc3mBTi-PYNMaApiPEALw_wcB
Edited by: "Blurryface" 10th Oct
darthbacca3710/10/2019 13:51

I work on the same chair for work and back at home for some PC gaming, …I work on the same chair for work and back at home for some PC gaming, this chair is perfect:https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/markus-office-chair-vissle-dark-grey-30261152/Im a little tall so the higher back is perfect and really does support. very confortable too

Had this one for years, got it at a car boot sale for £5.

You cannot adjust the arm rest height, and the lumbar support is crap. For £150 I would want more.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants