Recommend a free reminder app

Found 18th Aug 2017Edited by:"mutley1"
I had used simplest reminder on android to remind me of daily activities but that has started to display adverts so I have removed it.

Can anyone recommend a free reminder app for android that is free from adverts, if one exists?
Community Updates
Google calendar is the answer. That does everything the op requires.

**sponsored content**
Ask
15 Comments
Google calendar
Seconded.

Any.do task manager is also good.

These sound a bit too complicated for what you need though.
What adverts? Mine doesn't have adverts (trust me I don't pay for apps). If it does have adverts I don't remember seeing them.
Bigfootpete56 m ago

What adverts? Mine doesn't have adverts (trust me I don't pay for apps). …What adverts? Mine doesn't have adverts (trust me I don't pay for apps). If it does have adverts I don't remember seeing them.

it never had adverts but recently it started to add them. i uninstalled the app and went on google play to see if i could install it again as it may be that it only add adverts after you have had it for a while but if you look at it on google play, it actually states contains ads.

the app on my husband's phone doesn't yet have the adverts so it may be the updated version of the app as i have automatic updates and he doesn't.
I use the calendar that comes on the phone. Just pick the day and time you want, choose any repeat options, add text and you're done.

I use it most to remind me which bin to put out every week, as the calendar will repeat fortnightly.
r2mahara4 h, 21 m ago

Seconded.Any.do task manager is also good. These sound a bit too …Seconded.Any.do task manager is also good. These sound a bit too complicated for what you need though.

just downloaded any.do and it looks really good. it has the reminder to do list, which is what i need. it doesn't contain any ads either so perfect. thanks

i don't want the calendar as i need more a 'to do list' function than anything else. i already use the calendar for appointments.
PTibbets4 m ago

Use your "clock" function

there is no to do list on there though?
I use Google Keep.

You can use if for notes, lists, etc.

You can add reminders.

It is useful as it syncs across devices/onto PC if you want it to.
Use calendar app and reminders. My memory is terrible so i use this constantly and pings reminders to smart watch if u hve one
PTibbets19 h, 16 m ago

Not being funny but I use a diary. One that you write in with a pen. It …Not being funny but I use a diary. One that you write in with a pen. It has never failed me but you must remember to look at it everyday

diary?? lol. the last time i used that was when i was a teenager to write down how i felt each day, which was pretty repetitive so i packed that up pretty quickly.

i didn't know anyone still use a paper diary!
123batman32118 h, 12 m ago

Use calendar app and reminders. My memory is terrible so i use this …Use calendar app and reminders. My memory is terrible so i use this constantly and pings reminders to smart watch if u hve one

i have a problem with memory ever since i was a kid so i need to write a list of all the things i need to do each day, even if it only contains 1 or 2 items and cross them off once they are done. i had used simplest reminder to alert me to all the activities that i needed to do.

the any.do app that was suggested is excellent as it also allows me to cross the item off the list but still keep it there by just a simple swipe and it also send alerts to my phone
mutley119th Aug

i have a problem with memory ever since i was a kid so i need to write a …i have a problem with memory ever since i was a kid so i need to write a list of all the things i need to do each day, even if it only contains 1 or 2 items and cross them off once they are done. i had used simplest reminder to alert me to all the activities that i needed to do.the any.do app that was suggested is excellent as it also allows me to cross the item off the list but still keep it there by just a simple swipe and it also send alerts to my phone

Awesome
what sort of things do you need to remember
benjammin31614 m ago

what sort of things do you need to remember

i have an issue with memory so i can not remember most things that other people find trivial. anything that i do not do on a daily basis i need to write down, so call someone, chase someone, do my tax return, post a letter, write a letter, send an email, buy an item, read a meter, tell someone something, research something, pretty much everything that is not done as a normal daily activity.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants