Groups

Recommend a ide dvd writer

looking to replace my ageing dvd writer as it wont read a lot of blank discs nowadays anybody recommend a writer

10 Comments

Pioneer 115/116 Auto booktype DVD+R to DVD-ROM(good for 360 backups)

Liteon IHAP322 (good scanner with jitter if you like testing the quality of your burns)

Original Poster

dontasciime;4134282

Pioneer 115/116 Auto booktype DVD+R to DVD-ROM(good for 360 … Pioneer 115/116 Auto booktype DVD+R to DVD-ROM(good for 360 backups)Liteon IHAP322 (good scanner with jitter if you like testing the quality of your burns)

sorry lost me there explain in english im getting on a bit ;-)

just want it to durn a dvd when i ask and not have to look for compatable media as mine wont read most of the 16x discs ive purchased

thanks anyway

pioneer 115D - i got to replace mine
    that's the brand and model

got it for about £15!

Twotellys;4134403

sorry lost me there explain in english im getting on a bit ;-)just want … sorry lost me there explain in english im getting on a bit ;-)just want it to durn a dvd when i ask and not have to look for compatable media as mine wont read most of the 16x discs ive purchasedthanks anyway

Those above will be fine then.

Try and avoid what you would think reputable brands when you buy blanks examples SONY / TDK / MEMOREX

Only try and use Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden DVD-R (1st choice) and DVD+R (2nd choice) and burn at 8x even if you have 16x media

Instore / Poundstretchers are selling Verbatim -r and +r 25 for £3.99 and 50 pack for £7.99 if you can find them.

Liteon are a good budget brand.

Original Poster

dontasciime;4134282

Pioneer 115/116 Auto booktype DVD+R to DVD-ROM(good for 360 … Pioneer 115/116 Auto booktype DVD+R to DVD-ROM(good for 360 backups)Liteon IHAP322 (good scanner with jitter if you like testing the quality of your burns)

play.com/PC/…tml

this the one ???????
    play.com/PC/…tml

Twotellys;4143743

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/6178408/Pioneer-DVR-116DBK-20x-Internal-IDE-DVD+-RW-Drive-Black/Product.htmlthis the one ???????http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/8317677/LiteOn-22x-Internal-E-IDE-PATA-DVD-SM-Drive/Product.html

pioneer one yes

the liteon one NO

dontasciime;4134282

I'm looking for something to replace my barely used HP DVD940i. My three year old has realised "drawer comes out, drawer goes in, drawer comes out.....etc"

Never used the lightscribe......

Thanks for the tip - I'm going for the Pioneer.

Rep.

Original Poster

got the pioneer very impressed stuck a 16x disc in and it seemed to burn it at 18x with no problems or messing with adjustments
    thanks for the tip

kippy;4134595

pioneer 115D - i got to replace minethat's the brand and modelgot it for … pioneer 115D - i got to replace minethat's the brand and modelgot it for about £15!

This :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheap 'smart phone' for child wanted.33
      2. Pet lifetime insurance advice needed22
      3. Ditched Sky33
      4. iPhone 7 32GB Black Unopened56

See more discussions