Recommend a Note 3 custom rom?

Found 17th Jul 2016
I've currently got a Note 3 that I've been testing out with a few custom ROMs over the weekend. Just wondering if anyone who has a Note 3 can recommend a good, stable and reliable ROM that they have installed (i.e. can report no problems or bugs).

I've got a nice CW13 A6.0 ROM which is almost perfect. But sadly its eating into battery life at a rate of 6hrs between charges.
Community Updates
AskSamsung Galaxy Note 3
13 Comments
xda developers
justanothercid

xda developers

Yeah that's where I got it from. Just wondering if anyone else has used one that is not causing any faults.
battery life is goingg to suck big time, I am using Phronesis rom V1.2 MM 6.01, I just carry a spare battery these days, my brother has a stock rom note 3 and same sort of battery drain to be honest. Might be worth asking on xda which kernal causes the least battery drain. I have always found that CM roms cause a lot of battery drain though.
tejjy

battery life is goingg to suck big time, I am using Phronesis rom V1.2 MM … battery life is goingg to suck big time, I am using Phronesis rom V1.2 MM 6.01, I just carry a spare battery these days, my brother has a stock rom note 3 and same sort of battery drain to be honest. Might be worth asking on xda which kernal causes the least battery drain. I have always found that CM roms cause a lot of battery drain though.

The Note 3 before the custom ROM was fine for battery - get through a day easily. My wife has the Note 3 also which has been untouched and also gets through a day easily.

I havent noticed CM eating battery on other phones/devices it was installed on. If anything it improved battery life.
shuwaz

The Note 3 before the custom ROM was fine for battery - get through a day … The Note 3 before the custom ROM was fine for battery - get through a day easily. My wife has the Note 3 also which has been untouched and also gets through a day easily.I havent noticed CM eating battery on other phones/devices it was installed on. If anything it improved battery life.

​try cleanrom it theoretically should be a lot better than stock rom, but it is all kernal related, so if you like the rom you are on, find out the compatible kernels and try each one and find out which is best for you. I wish I could tell you the best kernels to try, but I just suffered with the battery drain because I love the features of this rom and there are only 2 compatible kernels that I am aware of at the moment.
I run greenify battery saver app when I run cm on a old s3 to gain more battery time.
I don't own a Note 3, but turning it into a S7 Edge might tickle your fancy
youtu.be/uR2…M0s
Check out other vids on his channel too.
Shatwell

I don't own a Note 3, but turning it into a S7 Edge might tickle your … I don't own a Note 3, but turning it into a S7 Edge might tickle your fancyhttps://youtu.be/uR2irO2TM0sCheck out other vids on his channel too.

Yeah I am thinking if this goes on for a few more days and I cant solve it I will just try it.
I've installed CM Clean Master with the battery saver option, see if that helps.
Managed to resolve the fault by running a repair on the ROM. Shame I cant make/receive calls now! Oh well back to the drawing board.
Reflash the rom or use a different rom
tejjy

Reflash the rom or use a different rom

Yeah i tried another which seems to work better. Still looking...
Phronesis is good v1.2 running marshmallow, s7 edge and note 5 features, I had v6.5 before on lollipop with s6 edge features. It runs smooth, turn the display down to help the vattery if you get problems, I had it set on adaptive display, basic seems exactly the same to be honest.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants