Groups

Recommend a smartwatch? Pebble replacement on Android

Can anyone recommend a smartwatch that will act as a Pebble replacement? I've been looking at generic Chinese ones on Gearbest but a bit lost tbh.

I would like always on display that shows brief weather details and ability to get notifications etc. It does not need to be a phone in its own right

I'm looking to spend under 100 quid

Let me know what you've got/recommend?

9 Comments

Why do you need a replacement when they've committed to supporting them through 2017.

Original Poster

I thought they had dropped all support and future updates. So thought I would try a different smartwatch

I have been considering the Sony smart watch 3. 79.99 @ Currys

I've got a Sony SmartWatch 3. I purchased it for about £75, I think between Feb 20th and May 2nd, based on this:

CamelCamelCamel

The reason I chose it was that it had fairly good reviews and was a decent price.

The reality is that the functions I've found the most useful are a) letting me know when my phone's ringing, and b) showing off that I can pause my Wireless Beats from my phone.

The secondary reality is that when b) happens, I look like a man having a midlife crisis with my gadgets and can't find my phone.

On the plus side, it's really durable - this thing has really taken a beating from a German Shepherd, and doesn't seem to have suffered.

So, OP, I think this might meet your requirements. My recollection is that it had 4* reviews at the time, and it's done me alright.
    Edited by: "weekender" 20th Dec 2016

Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestion both but I don't like the Sony Smartwatch

Pebble user here that is going to bide my time since I have @ least a year
    Edited by: "trott3r" 20th Dec 2016

Pebbles will still work without their servers running.

I have a Sony smartwatch 3 which I would be willing to sell for about £50ish
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One thing you've forgotten55
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767462
      3. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.816
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047184

See more discussions