Recommend accurate weighing scales

Found 26th Sep 2017
I don't like weighing scales that are battery operated. I prefer the non battery operated ones. Ours is quite old and changes my weight by 2 kg every time I step on and off so I can never get an accurate reading!

Can anyone recommend an accurate weighing scale that is good value?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
Top comments

32100359-47Lgw.jpg

mutley I trully believe you have some psychological issue.
couple of days ago you were moaning about eating too many biscuits and stated that you have not gained weight... now you whine about your scale being inaccurate...
how old are you? 8?
10 Comments

32100359-47Lgw.jpg

Yeah I hate those ones also. My last set said "only one person at a time please".

mutley I trully believe you have some psychological issue.
couple of days ago you were moaning about eating too many biscuits and stated that you have not gained weight... now you whine about your scale being inaccurate...
how old are you? 8?

Yeah - you told us you don't really put on weight, so why do you need scales?

Stop worrying about numbers, and just try to eat healthy, do at least some exercise.

If you're really worrying about weight then you have to do more exercise to burn off any excess food you eat.

Original Poster

Bigfootpete1 h, 6 m ago

Yeah - you told us you don't really put on weight, so why do you need …Yeah - you told us you don't really put on weight, so why do you need scales?Stop worrying about numbers, and just try to eat healthy, do at least some exercise. If you're really worrying about weight then you have to do more exercise to burn off any excess food you eat.

You don't read properly. I said I don't put on weight easily, not that I don't put on weight! It takes more for me to do so than other people but if I stuff myself enough, yes I will put on weight. I weigh myself every day to keep myself within a narrow weight margin and it helps me to stop eating the cakes if I see myself gaining weight.

However, the scales can say that I put on weight when I clearly have not or that I have lost weight when clearly this is not happening. I also do lose weight for no reason and in which case I have to increase the amount of food I eat to put the lost weight back on.

Original Poster

mattsk2 h, 13 m ago

mutley I trully believe you have some psychological issue. couple of days …mutley I trully believe you have some psychological issue. couple of days ago you were moaning about eating too many biscuits and stated that you have not gained weight... now you whine about your scale being inaccurate...how old are you? 8?

I am not 8 but yes, you are right, I certainly have some psychological issue, that is true.

Don't weigh yourself every day. Do it weekly or fortnightly, same day, same time. Otherwise it'll be all over the place.

Original Poster

rev62 h, 4 m ago

Don't weigh yourself every day. Do it weekly or fortnightly, same day, …Don't weigh yourself every day. Do it weekly or fortnightly, same day, same time. Otherwise it'll be all over the place.

i weigh myself every morning when i get up and yes, you are right, my weight does change depending on what time during the day that i weigh myself. i have put this down to the scale being faulty.

i do need another scale though because even just stepping off and back on to the scale can give a different reading, both up and down. this can't just be me!

mutley120 h, 14 m ago

i weigh myself every morning when i get up and yes, you are right, my …i weigh myself every morning when i get up and yes, you are right, my weight does change depending on what time during the day that i weigh myself. i have put this down to the scale being faulty.i do need another scale though because even just stepping off and back on to the scale can give a different reading, both up and down. this can't just be me!

I have some salter digital scales. Seem accurate to me. Weight stays the same stepping on and off multiple times.

Original Poster

rev65 h, 54 m ago

I have some salter digital scales. Seem accurate to me. Weight stays the …I have some salter digital scales. Seem accurate to me. Weight stays the same stepping on and off multiple times.

I find the battery operated ones tend to be more accurate but they need the battery replaced very regularly, which is a nuisance. I find the non battery ones simpler as they don't need any maintenance, but I have yet to come across one that is consistently accurate.
Post a comment
@
    Text