Recommend good android box

Posted 26th Sep
Hey guys,

Any recommendations for good android box, someone with personal experience would be nice? There 1000s on Amazon or eBay .

All I need is iPlayer, All 4, YouTube, Now TV, Prime videos and Netflix.

I have budget up to £35, might stretch a bit more.

Thanks on advance
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
Could get a Firestick.
Now TV won't work on any Android box with HDMI output.
Firestick 4k

Not sure about Netflix or nowtv, so you'll have to check.
Edited by: "ScubaDudes" 26th Sep
a roku stick should do everything you want there
nearly all android boxes wont allow netflix in hd either

maybe consider a youview box like a BT DTR-t2100 as they are excellent although only the entertainment pack is available for NOW TV

uk.webuy.com/sea…100
The Mi tv is alright for the money
bencompston26/09/2019 10:38

a roku stick should do everything you want there

Thanks, this seems the best option...

Decent price as well on Amazon
DealDog26/09/2019 12:13

Thanks, this seems the best option... Decent price as well on Amazon

Yeah definitely a Roku Stick, Android boxes are way out of date nowadays and the interface tends to be very poor & like phones they tend to constantly need updating on a daily basis, some of those on eBay & Amazon still come with Kodi (fully loaded) installed making them even worse as many of the Repos no longer work, causing them to crash, my friend got one thinking it would do everything she wanted it to do, but sadly it was fully loaded with Kodi, absolute nightmare, she ended up returning it and buying a Amazon Fire stick, but Roku is in essence the all-singing all-dancing variety of smart sticks having more apps & channels than any other genuine smart device so I would go for a Roku stick, they tend to be on offer in Asda & Tesco to from time-time.
lettherebedeals26/09/2019 13:28

Yeah definitely a Roku Stick, Android boxes are way out of date nowadays …Yeah definitely a Roku Stick, Android boxes are way out of date nowadays and the interface tends to be very poor & like phones they tend to constantly need updating on a daily basis, some of those on eBay & Amazon still come with Kodi (fully loaded) installed making them even worse as many of the Repos no longer work, causing them to crash, my friend got one thinking it would do everything she wanted it to do, but sadly it was fully loaded with Kodi, absolute nightmare, she ended up returning it and buying a Amazon Fire stick, but Roku is in essence the all-singing all-dancing variety of smart sticks having more apps & channels than any other genuine smart device so I would go for a Roku stick, they tend to be on offer in Asda & Tesco to from time-time.

Yea agree,. Spotted a new version coming out just now ...

So will wait see last gen drops any further in price
DealDog26/09/2019 13:31

Yea agree,. Spotted a new version coming out just now ...So will wait see …Yea agree,. Spotted a new version coming out just now ...So will wait see last gen drops any further in price

Yes I don't think the old gen will drop that much more to be honest, but may be worth waiting, if you have a 4K TV which is presently on offer at £49.99 may drop another tenner or so, should Amazon Fire 4K stick be reduced anytime soon... this may go as low as £25 if we are lucky... it would not be the 1st time either, for a very short time last year, there was a deal on Roku 4K that was a very short lived deal and only available in Sainsburys stores which became a wild goose chase, I tried getting one, but by the time I got to store they had all gone, due to all the scalpers who purchased around 5 & 10 at at a time... but they may see a further reduction so it may be worth waiting.
Edited by: "lettherebedeals" 26th Sep
chocci26/09/2019 10:40

nearly all android boxes wont allow netflix in hd eithermaybe consider a …nearly all android boxes wont allow netflix in hd eithermaybe consider a youview box like a BT DTR-t2100 as they are excellent although only the entertainment pack is available for NOW TVhttps://uk.webuy.com/search?stext=dtr-t2100

Good suggestion. Why don't they mention what's included with the boxes? For example, would be nice to know if the original remote control is included or not.
Crossbow26/09/2019 14:28

Good suggestion. Why don't they mention what's included with the boxes? …Good suggestion. Why don't they mention what's included with the boxes? For example, would be nice to know if the original remote control is included or not.

You definitely get the remote control
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants