Expired

Recommend me a BIKE CARRIER....

4 replies
Found 26th Aug 2010
...for a Ford Focus, 5 door, 52 plate please. Just to carry one bike on the back of it NOT the roof. I have no idea what to look for. Thanks

1. Misc
  2. Bike
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Bike
4 Comments

There are plenty of strap-on racks around from the likes of Pendle, Hollywood and, dare I say it, Halfords.
Just be careful Googling "strap-on" especially if you're at work!

Held on the tailgate by giant toe-straps, you can usually still open it with the rack attached (obviously not with the bike on).

On a Mk1 Focus, it'll either obscure your number plate or your lights, so in order to remain compliant, you should use a lightboard.

If you have a towbar then i strongly recommend one of these type of cycle carriers
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41%2BBRht1w8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

so easy to use

Original Poster

Duggie_22

There are plenty of strap-on racks around from the likes of Pendle, … There are plenty of strap-on racks around from the likes of Pendle, Hollywood and, dare I say it, Halfords.Just be careful Googling "strap-on" especially if you're at work!Held on the tailgate by giant toe-straps, you can usually still open it with the rack attached (obviously not with the bike on).On a Mk1 Focus, it'll either obscure your number plate or your lights, so in order to remain compliant, you should use a lightboard.

Ha ha! Thanks for the info

Original Poster

Mellow Yellow

If you have a towbar then i strongly recommend one of these type of cycle … If you have a towbar then i strongly recommend one of these type of cycle carriersso easy to use

No tow bar
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback trick or treat cashback giveaway24
    2. Camera lens66
    3. Differences between RX 480s22
    4. Unidays11

See more discussions