Groups
    EXPIRED

Recommend me a Blu Ray player with BBC iPlayer capabilities - Wireless not needed

Looking for a Blu Ray player, doesn't need to be wireless as will be positioned next to router so will happily connect via ethernet.

Would require a USB port for playing AVI files etc & would require a BBC iPlayer channel, you tube a bonus but not a must.

We have a Samsung TV if that helps (heard we could use current remote if purchasing Samsung Blu Ray?)

Looking to spend under £100 if possible, any recommendations?

Thanks

9 Comments

I have the Sony BDP-S380

£111 from amazon: amazon.co.uk/Son…1-2

A great piece of kit and picture quality is the best i have seen and does iplayer, you tube and many other online services.
    Machine is virtually silent and great build quality.

I paid £150 - so Amazon deal is great and model has only been available for 2/3 months.

Maybe just buy a ps3 has iplayer itv player 4 on demand utube etc etc etc

Original Poster

Thanks Simon, will keep that one in mind.

Maybe just buy a ps3 has iplayer itv player 4 on demand utube etc etc etc

We already have a Wii (we are not a gaming family) so can access iPlayer through that but it's a cumbersome way of doing it & wouldn't want another console but thanks anyway.

We also have a Samsung TV and bought a Samsung Blu-Ray player (BD-C5300) before Christmas (£60 with 5 films - bargain!) It has recently got iPlayer after been imminent for about a year, but unfortunately the screen saver comes on after 10 minutes. It is removed by pressing a button on the remote but there are no settings to turn off the screen saver. Samsung are aware of this issue and are allegedly going to sort it out in the next update but we'll have to wait and see. Apparently this is an issue with several models so you may want to consider this.

Otherwise it's great and the AnyNet thingy means that we can use either remote to do basic things on each device. It has Youtube aswell.

Getting a PS3 is the best way to go...a FULL hd bluray player and can also play 3D...also for streaming movies is incredible...not to mention it has iPlayer and allot more... Cant go wrong for £140! Defiantly worth the £400 I paid!

Banned

Hi maybe this is not the right thing to under rules I am not so sure but.....

I bought a LG 560 Bluray with netcast etc for internet and has USB feature as you need, I bought it in december and to be honest bought it with an AV system and did not ened it have use dit once and boxed it up as I have a Pioneer I use so it is for sale. I paid £144 with 5 year warranty now only £110 with 5 year warranty but selling it and now looking for £75 with the 5 yera warranty or 4.5 years left....

richersounds.com/pro…560

Don't worry if you do not want a used one but take a look at it as it is a good bluray player and will do what you want from it. If interested in mine let me know as I will list it here for sale and supply all my ebay detaisl for feedback as I have many mnay of them and all 100% positive.

Good luck

Original Poster

Thanks for suggestion konimitsu, sorry I should have mentioned in my OP that didn't want a used one, yours does seem a very good deal considering the warranty left on it, I don't think you should struggle in selling it for that price.

After looking at the link I have decided to go for that one from Dixons.

Thanks all

Banned

Money Spinning

Thanks for suggestion konimitsu, sorry I should have mentioned in my OP … Thanks for suggestion konimitsu, sorry I should have mentioned in my OP that didn't want a used one, yours does seem a very good deal considering the warranty left on it, I don't think you should struggle in selling it for that price.After looking at the link I have decided to go for that one from Dixons.Thanks all

No problem, I think it is a good player and has good connectivity and features hence the reason I bought it, just a pity I didn;t need it, lol.

Good luck.

how do I post looking for something, im looking for the best price for SOCOM 4 so how do i do what u have done? thanks for any help you can give me
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free JackpotJoy Plate56
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717

See more discussions