Groups
    EXPIRED

Recommend me a cheap mountain bike?

Hi, I was wondering if you guys could help?

I know absolutely nothing about bikes, but I'm looking for a cheap one. By cheap, I mean as cheap as possible, definitely no more than £100. I need it only to commute to nearby shops and local amenities, occassionaly perhaps to work. No off-road riding at all.

I'm 5ft 4, so need something that I'd be comfortable on.

I've seen these ones, anyone have any views on them:

CBR Java Alloy Dual Suspension 26" 18 Speed Mens Bike
    amazon.co.uk/Jav…e_3

Universal Polaris 26" 15 Speed Gents Mountain Bike
    amazon.co.uk/Uni…QZW

British Eagle Trailbreaker Dual Suspension 26" 18 Speed Mens Bike
    amazon.co.uk/Bri…1-7

Any comments on these bikes? Which one should I go for?

Or any other suitable, cheap bikes you've come across? I know there's a 99p deal posted at the moment, but I want something functional out of the box, not something I'm going to have to fix.

Thanks.

8 Comments

Hi Sunni,

Check out boots.com/sho…619

Birtish Eagle Trailblazer same as Amazon but for £84.99 the use Boots discount code:

Discount: £10
    Minimum Spend: £50.00
    Promotional Code: SJMA36
    Expiry: 31/05/2008

Final price of £74.99 with free delivery.

Bought one for my son...................Great Bike.
    Good Luck

sterling house are quite good on ebay and they have fast delivery. sterlinghouseuk is their user id. I got this New Dual Full Susp SilverFox Mountain Bike DISCS RP£199 for under 100. Good luck.

Original Poster

bluetigermobiles;1401110

sterling house are quite good on ebay and they have fast delivery. … sterling house are quite good on ebay and they have fast delivery. sterlinghouseuk is their user id. I got this New Dual Full Susp SilverFox Mountain Bike DISCS RP£199 for under 100. Good luck.

Thanks for that - they do seem to have some good prices. However all their bikes are on Buy it Now at the moment, whereas looking at his feedback people have saved a fair bit on his auctions. Hope he has plans to put them on auction again...

iliko;1401113

Check the … Check the http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/130171/a-bike-for-99p-plus-p-and-p-of-19-9/

Yep, aware of that, but bit too much of a gamble for me. I'd probably keep it in the shed waiting for someone to come and fix it for me!

How about this one: halfords.com/web…665
    You can reserve and collect at £79.99 and they also build it for your and do all the checks for free. Hurry if you like this one it goes up to £89.99 on 8th January

They had that 99p offer on bikes with £25 delivery

Don't waste your money on a new one at that price it'll b ****. Get yerself a good 2nd hand one from Ebay.

*********.co.uk/Cla…tem

Original Poster

sgtmongoose;1401077

Hi Sunni,Check out … Hi Sunni,Check out http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1083486&classificationid=1046619Birtish Eagle Trailblazer same as Amazon but for £84.99 the use Boots discount code:Discount: £10Minimum Spend: £50.00Promotional Code: SJMA36Expiry: 31/05/2008Final price of £74.99 with free delivery.Bought one for my son...................Great Bike.Good Luck

Thanks for the headsup - after searching lots of places for a bike which met my requirements, price and size, I decided to go for this one from Boots with the £10 voucher. Thanks!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Samsung Galaxy S655
      2. How to get best deal on sky23
      3. HUKD new UI55
      4. Stream Showbox from Bluestacks?46

See more discussions