Groups

Recommend me a DSLR?

Can anyone recommend me a DSLR looking to spend £300-£400 if possible and would prefer sony as I'm a sony whore :P

Any help appreciated

11 Comments

i imagine sticking with mainstream like nikon or canon will net you more options.

Original Poster

scrumpypaul;6422554

i imagine sticking with mainstream like nikon or canon will net you more … i imagine sticking with mainstream like nikon or canon will net you more options.

I'm open to suggestions really, just don't know what i'm looking for :oops:

Banned

there was a decent deal for a sony dslr at argosthe other week i think

dont really know much abot them tbh but im thinking of getting 1 for xmas

prob canon tho after playing with my mates at leeds festival

I love my Canon

Banned

prefer the sony myself and have used sony/nikon and canon.
    However best advice get down to jessops and have a feel of all three, all have good and bad points, but the one you like the feel of is more important

colinsunderland;6422628

prefer the sony myself and have used sony/nikon and canon.However best … prefer the sony myself and have used sony/nikon and canon.However best advice get down to jessops and have a feel of all three, all have good and bad points, but the one you like the feel of is more important

As a matter of interest would you use this technique for picking a girlfriend :whistling:

colinsunderland;6422628

prefer the sony myself and have used sony/nikon and canon.However best … prefer the sony myself and have used sony/nikon and canon.However best advice get down to jessops and have a feel of all three, all have good and bad points, but the one you like the feel of is more important

That's the best idea.

I'm a Canon man myself, just bought a new Sony A230 for work, had a play with it today and i don't like it, far too small for my giant hands, much prefer my 20D, which is bigger.

Personal choice though.

Just remember that you are buying into a system, all the lenses/equipment etc. (bar a few things) will be that brand, so think ahead to what extra lenses etc. you might want

we bought the sony a700 (on sale at argos) and it is an amazing camera, great value for money, a plethora of features and comparable to high end nikon and canon cameras. we bought a tele lens as well for less than 200 quid and all in all it is a great system. go for it ,you wont regret it

Get a good used Canon 20D - Top Quality piece of kit and very reliable too for a modest outlay.

Also the Nikon D100 is a great camera for minimal money and good reliablity

Bobef90;6437788

Get a good used Canon 20D - Top Quality piece of kit and very reliable … Get a good used Canon 20D - Top Quality piece of kit and very reliable too for a modest outlay.

Exactly what i have, whack a 60mm macro lens on the front and you're away!!

One of my shots (with a different lens)

http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu79/sancho_1983/headspincontrastvign.jpg
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Should I buy brand new wd drive without warranty on ebay810
      2. Best 40 inch TV for £30033
      3. Ask and Misc quieter since for sale has gone?915
      4. 10% Argos code with glitch40

See more discussions