Groups

Recommend me a dumbbell set

Hi

Recently got into dumbbells and have found them to be quite enjoyable to use. I'm looking to splash some cash to get into more serious training and was hoping the people of hukd could help me pick out quality dumbbells. I'm looking for adjustable dumbells so that I may change as necessary.

Thanks guys

16 Comments

dumbbells???? oh is that what there called...in our house they called 'toe-stubbers' because that's all we ever do with them as they haven't moved off the bedroom floor since we got them X) X) oO

Look on gumtree , stuff for sale , Facebook etc .. And buy metal plates

Believe me. Training at home won't last long no matter how dedicated you are. Your better off spending the money on going to a gym, you will progress so much faster. If your dead set about training at home I would buy a few kettle bells instead of the dumbbells, they are a lot more versatile bro.

Original Poster

bevalor

dumbbells???? oh is that what there called...in our house they called … dumbbells???? oh is that what there called...in our house they called 'toe-stubbers' because that's all we ever do with them as they haven't moved off the bedroom floor since we got them X)X)oO

Hah. My family can relate to that!

@plodging

Thanks but the reason I am here is because I would like some advice regarding things that only dumbbell addicts would find out through using them for regular bodybuilding. For example metal or plastic handgrip for comfort etc.

@nokiafusion

I know what you're saying but I actually do better at home. I don't like busy environments with lots of noise. Besides I've had a home gym for 3 years that I've been using but am finding now that I get better results with dumbbells.

I wouldn't bother with the crappy York disc you can change or the alike save your money.

if your lifting to staying fit an active and not planning on strength training where you wanna get stronger and bigger. I'd go for a set or few sets of fixed olympic dumbells.

you can get a pair of hex 10kg for £35 on ebay

If you are serious about "bodybuilding" you need to do squats , deadlifts , dips , chins .. Join a gym .. Then ask how many of the guys in there have a load of weights in the garage. Weight training alone with big weights ain't that safe.

Original Poster

plodging

If you are serious about "bodybuilding" you need to do squats , deadlifts … If you are serious about "bodybuilding" you need to do squats , deadlifts , dips , chins .. Join a gym .. Then ask how many of the guys in there have a load of weights in the garage. Weight training alone with big weights ain't that safe.

Im serious in wanting to build muscle. I spend about 2 hours a day lifting dumbbells. Im not expecting to achieve Mr Universe status nor am i interested in such amount of muscle. Thanks for the advice though.

I prefer training on my own. Having a buddy in a gym just distracts me. Im just far more motivated on my own. I wont be lifting 40kg dumbells anytime soon if ever haha.

Edited by: "PraxxtorCruel" 16th Jan

PraxxtorCruel

Im serious in wanting to build muscle. I spend about 2 hours a day … Im serious in wanting to build muscle. I spend about 2 hours a day lifting dumbbells. Im not expecting to achieve Mr Universe status nor am i interested in such amount of muscle. Thanks for the advice though. I prefer training on my own. Having a buddy in a gym just distracts me.

You won't build much muscle lifting 2 hours a day for a start , it's about training correctly , rest , and diet . Not just lifting Dumbbells 2 hours a day .
    Edited by: "plodging" 16th Jan

Original Poster

plodging

You won't build much muscle lifting 2 hours a day for a start

I thought that was reasonable? How so?

Original Poster

PraxxtorCruel

I thought that was reasonable? How so?

plodging

You won't build much muscle lifting 2 hours a day for a start , it's … You won't build much muscle lifting 2 hours a day for a start , it's about training correctly , rest , and diet . Not just lifting Dumbbells 2 hours a day .

Isnt an overnight rest enough? My diet is healthy enough. Not perfect though.

How often do you train biceps? Triceps , etc ? .. Can't see what you do for 2 hours everyday

Original Poster

plodging

How often do you train biceps? Triceps , etc ? .. Can't see what you do … How often do you train biceps? Triceps , etc ? .. Can't see what you do for 2 hours everyday

I do biceps, triceps, chest, chest side muscles , back and shoulders daily in the 2 hour workout routine.

I generally work each muscle group into oblivion until i cant even lift the dumbbell. Usually spend about 20 mins on each muscle group.
    Edited by: "PraxxtorCruel" 16th Jan

You do this same routine EVERY day ???

Original Poster

plodging

You do this same routine EVERY day ???

Yes i do. I take it im doing something wrong?

twice a week max on most muscle groups is ample , not even that if hitting them hard . Muscle only grows when you rest .. Training the same muscle groups everyday Is nuts.

Original Poster

plodging

twice a week max on most muscle groups is ample , not even that if … twice a week max on most muscle groups is ample , not even that if hitting them hard . Muscle only grows when you rest .. Training the same muscle groups everyday Is nuts.

Ive heard people doing this method but i always just assumed that if i did it more often i would notice results quicker. Is this not the case then?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Rain effect window. The one from FRIENDS! Please help!56
      2. Beer experts help required!46
      3. Does the app aznog still work?22
      4. Best Custom ROM for XIaomi Redmi Note 233

See more discussions