Recommend me a good pc clean up tool similar to AOL computer check up, They want £3.99 p/m.

Is there a decent free one that anyone knows of.

20 Comments

Glary utilities, Ccleaner, Malwarebytes, superantispyware

Ccleaner, avg tune up, free ones are rubbish you will probably need to pay but £3.99 a month is what I pay for a year sub on Ccleaner or £5.99 for lifetime malwarebytes for example
Edited by: "westy125" 21st Dec 2016

throw it in the bin

whatsdadeal

throw it in the bin

​Very helpful,

Original Poster

All I use is click and clean and whatsdadeal with binning it. oO

craigl

All I use is click and clean and whatsdadeal with binning it. oO

​Going forward, if you have anything called AOL or mcafee running, delete instantly as they are awful, you only need to pay once for a year licence, there are also free programs available but have limited features,

Original Poster

westy125

​Going forward, if you have anything called AOL or mcafee running, d … ​Going forward, if you have anything called AOL or mcafee running, delete instantly as they are awful, you only need to pay once for a year licence, there are also free programs available but have limited features,

Thanks for that, I only use aol home page I am going to try Ccleaner for now.

I use the free ones listed above by Daletharper and they are all good. No need to pay for the premium version unless you want to. I also recommend PrivaZer. It takes a while to run but it is very thorough.

Original Poster

ediman

I use the free ones listed above by Daletharper and they are all good. … I use the free ones listed above by Daletharper and they are all good. No need to pay for the premium version unless you want to. I also recommend PrivaZer. It takes a while to run but it is very thorough.

You use them all?

Original Poster

Thank you all for your help.

Yes Craigl I use them all and have done for years. I find that each does a good job but misses bits that one of the others takes care of. I have had no PC issues in using them all and some of them do their job quickly, whereas Privazer can run for over an hour, but as I mentioned befoe it is worth it as it is very thorough.

System mechanic, used it for years, usually around £15 a year subscription, well worth it, keeps pc , like new, does everything, i.e. Registry cleaner, defragmentation, memory, etc, also can do a pic backup, just it case of disaster by viruses , don't bother with the free ones.....that's why their free, around £15 a year is well worth it, why spend a fortune on a new pc, then start moaning when it goes sluggish, enough said.

Use discount code "HAPPY2017", for 70% off, total £12.40.

you tube is a very good friend. That's all im saying.

I've not used anything like this for the last 10 years, whats the need for it anymore?

Piriform do a range of decent system cleaning programs, not just CCleaner, however CCleaner isnt the best at cleaning up these days.

Wise Disk Cleaner9 does a better job and is also free.

Original Poster

wilky67

Use discount code "HAPPY2017", for 70% off, total £12.40.

For system mechanic wilky? Do you have a link.
Edited by: "craigl" 21st Dec 2016

LiGhTfasT

I've not used anything like this for the last 10 years, whats the need … I've not used anything like this for the last 10 years, whats the need for it anymore?

They can be useful as troubleshooting tools, but there's no point in using them on a regular basis.

ADW Cleaner
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Car Leasing Deals (Audi, Golf or Scirocco)11
    2. Electricity11
    3. Which Smart Watch for Running?25
    4. Which Camera?!!!22

See more discussions