Groups

Recommend me a laptop

Hi,
    I'm trying to set up a union funded learning centre at work, we have managed to get some funding and are looking at buying 12 laptops. We will be buying external keyboards and mice for use with them. we need the laptops because of the geographicla area that will be covered and it will enable us to have 2 centres allowing friends and family to do courses as the employer is not welcoming to the idea of none employees using the centre at work . Was thinking of a budget around £400. The laptops will not be used for gaming, main courses will be Skills for Life in Literacy, numeracy, Information communications technology, foreign languages and digital photography(I think this is done using adobe software). It would be preferable if they have windows xp pro as the operating system as that is what is used at other centres throughout the union, so I have been told to use that and I would only have to pay to have it installed if the laptops come with vista. Any help would be greatly appreciated in this matter

1 Comment

Heres a listing of all the lappys on dabs with xp installed, i like toshibas the best
    dabs.com/pro…e=1

get in touch with their sales dept, a discount for that quantity is a must
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3211147
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764585
      3. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism1934
      4. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay1022

See more discussions