Recommend me a phone for a friend

Found 25th Jul
Could anyone recommend me a mobile phone, it's for a friend that only needs it for calling, texting, What's app, Facebook and the occasional picture. It has to be robust, easy to use as she is not techy at all. With a maximum budget of £100 and ideally unlocked or locked to O2 as she is on GiffGaff, Also from a site that will deal with after sales properly (ie Amazon), so far i have seen the Nokia 3 and Sony Xperia L1, so if you think that would be ok,please let me know. TIA
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
Loads of competitive price "as new" options direct from o2. No requirement for topup (just indicate whatever topup would be preferred if ever a topup would be required). Stock can be volatile so no specific model recommendation, just browse for whatever price&feature floats your boat across three pages at o2.co.uk/sho…ugo
Nokia 3 example = £69 delivered / collected.
Highly recommend Moto series.
rover.ebay.com/rov…218
34487697-kYim0.jpg
Most reviews deem this to be the best budget phone.
Has a very simple android Google skin making it very easy to use.
Thanks guys, re the Nokia 3, brand new at Amazon is £30 more expensive compared to the refurbished on O2, wonder if it's worth going for brand new. I like the Motorola too as I have one myself and it has been pretty solid so far, hmmm decision decision
34488163-Jl2UV.jpgNokia received pretty poor reviews. Buy any of the Motorola range.
What about this one? 100% feedback and apparently brand new thus I am always a bit suspicious of brand new item on Ebay

ebay.co.uk/itm…851
jeannot1844 m ago

What about this one? 100% feedback and apparently brand new thus I am …What about this one? 100% feedback and apparently brand new thus I am always a bit suspicious of brand new item on Ebayhttps://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Motorola-Moto-G5-Gold-Xt1675-16GB-4G-LTE-WIFI-NFC-13MP-Unlocked-Smartphone/222887242140?_trkparms=aid=555018&algo=PL.SIM&ao=2&asc=52543&meid=6593212137d04fe4ad4e4da33f5eb821&pid=100005&rk=2&rkt=12&mehot=pp&sd=283051161366&itm=222887242140&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Looks good , they have sold 134 units. Just that if phone does become faulty I'd rather deal with an established seller like Tesco. Either are fine
jeannot181 h, 54 m ago

Thanks guys, re the Nokia 3, brand new at Amazon is £30 more expensive …Thanks guys, re the Nokia 3, brand new at Amazon is £30 more expensive compared to the refurbished on O2, wonder if it's worth going for brand new. I like the Motorola too as I have one myself and it has been pretty solid so far, hmmm decision decision

I have had a number of "as new" o2 items and the hardware was exactly that: indistinguishable from new. If you absolutley must have the retail box, spend the £30 extra at Amazon (assuming at least FBA). At least with the o2 item if you have any issues you can walk into any of many high street o2 shops, although Amazon-sold items enjoy top of the class servicing of distance CS enquiries.
AndyRoyd3 h, 3 m ago

I have had a number of "as new" o2 items and the hardware was exactly …I have had a number of "as new" o2 items and the hardware was exactly that: indistinguishable from new. If you absolutley must have the retail box, spend the £30 extra at Amazon (assuming at least FBA). At least with the o2 item if you have any issues you can walk into any of many high street o2 shops, although Amazon-sold items enjoy top of the class servicing of distance CS enquiries.

Unfortunately O2 does not have the Motorola in stock, i am going to purchase it from GiffGaff at £99
jeannot1812 h, 31 m ago

Unfortunately O2 does not have the Motorola in stock, i am going to …Unfortunately O2 does not have the Motorola in stock, i am going to purchase it from GiffGaff at £99

Ah GiffGaff, that well-known purveyor of personal service, via its customers rather than its staff. The customers should be able to deal with after sales properly.
AndyRoyd50 m ago

Ah GiffGaff, that well-known purveyor of personal service, via its …Ah GiffGaff, that well-known purveyor of personal service, via its customers rather than its staff. The customers should be able to deal with after sales properly.

Great effort for the sarcasm! :0)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants