Expired

Recommend me a sub £40 DAB Radio please!

Found 10th Oct 2006
im after a DAB Radio for the kitchen, it doesnt have to be top of the range, but needs to be fairly decent and has to last a while

i got about £40 to spend and have no idea about DAB Radios

i saw one over ta amazon the i.Tech DAB One - Digital Radio - With 10 Minutes Pause & Rewind & MP3 Playback - White

link: amazon.co.uk/exe…GNO

its £34.99 delivered and was wondering if it will be ok?

or does anyone have any other recommendations?

many thanks in advance!

5 Comments

bigup

im after a DAB Radio for the kitchen, it doesnt have to be top of the … im after a DAB Radio for the kitchen, it doesnt have to be top of the range, but needs to be fairly decent and has to last a while :)i got about £40 to spend and have no idea about DAB Radiosi saw one over ta amazon the i.Tech DAB One - Digital Radio - With 10 Minutes Pause & Rewind & MP3 Playback - White link: ]http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00077DGNOits £34.99 delivered and was wondering if it will be ok?or does anyone have any other recommendations?many thanks in advance!

If I recall bigup the customer comments on Amazon were not very favourable for the one you mention...however at that price range there aren't many DAB radios on offer.

]http//ww…ics

I have one like this and it's excellent.

The Pure One is at John Lewis for £49.99 you could get £10-15 off with the vouchers here. I've just got my dad one. The built in aerial gets a much better signal than my older Evoke-1.

Mono only, but for a kitchen that shouldn't matter. It feels a little light and plasticy as well. But good value imo!

My daughter bought the pure one from JL using the vouchers 1234564motherandb for jsut over £30. It does feel a little plasticly but the sound quality is excellent for such a compact and cheap unit. (not sure if the voucher is still valid though)

I would suggest you might want to try sainsburys. My local one has a number of Albas under £40. You can try them instore if they are on display.
To my mind if they pick up a clear signal in there with all that potential electrical inference around they can't be that bad.

As the saying goes you get what you pay for and that will probably be a mono sound with line out to connect to a stereo.

We have a small stereo unit in the kitchen and have connected up a DAB adaptor (Matsui DA1 from Dixons/Currys)with very good results .

homecinemachoice.com/cgi…299

Also my local post office was selling the above Alba for £29.99 this week.

Good luck!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Pictures from camera to android phone59
    2. How do you transfer files to an Android device over wifi?56
    3. Best/cheapest music service710
    4. Schuh discount code22

See more discussions