Groups

recommend me some good new (2008-2010) documentaries

As the title says really looking for some good recommendations on funny or thought provoking docs.

26 Comments

The Tribal WIves series thats just finished was an eye opener, it's still on the Iplayer I believe.

i watched the cove recently - was an environmental about the mass slaughter of dolphins in japan. very good.

also, food inc. - interesting look at the food trail in america...

and agree with Anvil as suggested above

Original Poster

thanks for the ideas, not seen any of them. I've expanded the date range to include the last 2 years.

Food, inc +1

Religulous

Hair

Original Poster

s2rocks247;8952149

Food, inc +1ReligulousHair

Religulous was thought provoking and funny

Bigger, Faster, Stronger,
    A Complete History of My Sexual Failures

Into The Universe with Stephen Hawking (2010)
    Ancient Aliens (2010)

I seem to have an obsession for anything cosmology/cosmogony related this year.
    The Hawking one had some impressive visuals, but both series were full of interesting ideas.

(Shame Ninja was taken down last night, I wouldn't even know a lot of series existed without them :x)

some good ones mention, will have a watch of the history of sexual failures & food inc, look very good

capitalism by Michael Moore is pretty good, obviously needs to be taken with a pinch of salt though,

Original Poster

jackvdbuk;8952652

some good ones mention, will have a watch of the history of sexual … some good ones mention, will have a watch of the history of sexual failures & food inc, look very good :)capitalism by Michael Moore is pretty good, obviously needs to be taken with a pinch of salt though,

capitalism - yeah really good doc - only half way through that one after my last late night documentary-athon

Loose Change

Biggie and Tupac

Banned

redvee92;8952807

Loose ChangeBiggie and Tupac

A good comedy :-D

Banned

When You're Strange (the Doors)

imdb.com/tit…67/

Original Poster

csiman;8952848

When You're Strange (the Doors)http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1333667/

awesome, big doors fan.

into the universe - steven hawking...blew me away!

ScRiVs;8952894

into the universe - steven hawking...blew me away!

Metaphorically right?

Banned

scoopy2scoops;8952887

awesome, big doors fan.

yeah, me too. Downloading it right now :-D

Original Poster

Orekul;8953988

]At The Death House Door ]Murder on a Sunday Morning]We Live in … ]At The Death House Door ]Murder on a Sunday Morning]We Live in Public]Solo]TV Junkie]The Iceman InterviewsNot all of these are from the last year or two, most are however they are all great documentaries

Tremendous :-D

I watched a good documentary on Sky Anytime last week called Plantzilla. Probably be repeated

natgeotv.com/uk/…lla

Banned

Orekul;8953988

]At The Death House Door ]Murder on a Sunday Morning]We Live in … ]At The Death House Door ]Murder on a Sunday Morning]We Live in Public]Solo]TV Junkie]The Iceman InterviewsNot all of these are from the last year or two, most are. However they are all great documentaries

Brilliant - will take a look

and thanks for bothering to post the IMDB links unlike most :-D

Banned

which reminds me of BUS 174 - the most memerising doc I have seen in years. I was truly shocked by it.

imdb.com/tit…68/

Original Poster

Thanks everyone for some great suggestions, probably going to watch the doors one, food inc and the Steven Hawkins one this weekend

Go to Demonoid, register an account if you have to, and check out their range of documentaries, sorted by popularity and filtered by age and category. Demonoid's great, it's got some really good stuff on offer, and a userbase far more discerning than most other P2P sites. I sometimes find lost gems by llooking at what like-minded people have uploaded.

Look around, you'll find some amazing docs.

scoopy2scoops;8960105

going to watch the doors one, food inc and the Steven Hawkins one this … going to watch the doors one, food inc and the Steven Hawkins one this weekend

Make sure it's the latest Hawking series, they all seem to get muddled up
    The third (and final) episode is double length too.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3966
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions