Recommend me some software for remote controlling media player from a tablet.

6 replies
Found 23rd Oct 2007
Hi guys,

Hoping someone out there knows what I'm looking for. Basically I have a tablet pc and would like to control media player on my main pc via bluetooth or wifi) using some software. Pretty much like the piece of software that was shown for the Nokia n770 tablet recently.

Would be cool to control what's happening on the tv with my fingers on the tablet.

7 Comments

Original Poster

mceguru.com/ind…=en

^^^ Like that but for a proper tablet pc!

Something like that (Cidero)?

Original Poster

Kommunist

Something like that (Cidero)?

Looks a bit basic if you know what I mean, thanks for the link tho.

Am currently looking at asciiexpress.com/web…spx
Looks like what I'm after, very eye candy!

Not sure... what is your media player?

If you only want to control WMP from bluetooth phone (SE) then you can try FMA 2.1b4. This will give you an opportunity to control your PC from mobile phone, including WMP, Powerpoint, etc.

i thought that read controlling media player from a toilet at first

Original Poster

Kommunist

Not sure... what is your media player? If you only want to control WMP … Not sure... what is your media player? If you only want to control WMP from bluetooth phone (SE) then you can try FMA 2.1b4. This will give you an opportunity to control your PC from mobile phone, including WMP, Powerpoint, etc.

I can already control it from my pdas but I want something that looks graphically better and a bigger touch screen. My tablet has a 12" touch screen. I only have media player at the mo as my old pc blew up but will get media centre again at some point, that's how I want it to look graphically. Anyone know if media centre is available as a standalone download?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Misco about to go into administration913
    2. EA shuts down Visceral Games.56
    3. word association Game74244871
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322826

See more discussions