Recommend my Dad a cheap phone

Posted 18th Mar
Hi guys

My dad had a fall last night and is currently in hospital and as I don't live too near I want to get him a cheap but decent phone that can handle video calls so we can check in on him and he can video chat with the kids.

He's not the best with technology so was thinking an older iphone but can someone recommend a decent easy to use cheap handset.

Thanks

WJUK
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
Not a recommendation but I know android can do launchers. Not used any but just in case you didnt know... maketecheasier.com/bes…rs/
Wouldn’t bother with an older one with all the ordeal of a quickly discharging battery etc... I’d go for a xioami, great phones, even better prices. Get a new one between £100-£200 for a good one.
harvey.atkins18/03/2020 22:10

Wouldn’t bother with an older one with all the ordeal of a quickly d …Wouldn’t bother with an older one with all the ordeal of a quickly discharging battery etc... I’d go for a xioami, great phones, even better prices. Get a new one between £100-£200 for a good one.

For example, this is one of the best they sell. Really great phone for the price. £217 with 2 year warranty

rover.ebay.com/rov…665
Get a Moto . Very simple near stock android interface
adamderak18/03/2020 22:14

Get a Moto . Very simple near stock android interface

I think my stepdad has G7 and likes it.
I’d say iPhone if the kids want to keep in contact. Presume they have them. Can FaceTime and iMessage and make audio calls on Wi-fi it would be simple enough to use. You can get an iPhone 6/6s for around £80 I’d say. X
parisp18/03/2020 22:49

I’d say iPhone if the kids want to keep in contact. Presume they have t …I’d say iPhone if the kids want to keep in contact. Presume they have them. Can FaceTime and iMessage and make audio calls on Wi-fi it would be simple enough to use. You can get an iPhone 6/6s for around £80 I’d say. X

I was thinking that but we all have WhatsApp too.
WackoJackoUK18/03/2020 22:50

I was thinking that but we all have WhatsApp too.

Yes I imagine but just thought it’s simple on iPhone it’s all just there within a message where on WhatsApp if he’s not very tech savvy he may find it a bit more difficult x
What is cheap?
Xiaomi, that's it, that's the one to get
iPhones are easy to use, I got my mother one years ago and never looked back.. simple straight forward os easy for the elderly...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants