Expired

Recommend RAM for my macBook Pro?

7 replies
Found 4th Feb 2010
I want to upgrade my macBook Pro (2008 edition) from 2GB to 3, or maybe 4GB. It costs £163 on apple website - a fortune! So I wondered if anyone knows would I be able to use any other RAM bought from anywhere else and if so, is it still easy to install, and do you know of any good prices?

Thanks in advance.

4 Comments

Carley;7754171

Try ]Crucial Memory It will scan your system and advise you what you can … Try ]Crucial Memory It will scan your system and advise you what you can upgrade to (it will be much cheaper than Apple prices)

+1 - you dont need to buy memory from apple. Once you know the memory type shop around.

Original Poster

Thanks for that. It says I can buy a 2GB one for £43, hurrah! But does mean if I buy that and install it my RAM would then be 4GB (with existing 2GB)? Or do I have to buy the 4GB one?

Original Poster

Thank you.

Carley;7756772

This one should suit your requirements...]£70.49 for 2 x 2gb

I've literally just sold that kit on ebay, I would have offered it to the OP. Sold it for £50 inc postage if that's anything for anyone to go by if they're looking up prices for ebay.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition65698
    2. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …44
    3. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43
    4. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers44

See more discussions