Recommend some Xbox One games please

Posted 20th Sep
So, finally bit the bullet on an Xbox One (Fifa 20 deal with 2 controllers - Disc version) and would like some games recommendations please.

Went for the disc version as i'm a skinflint and want to be able to buy most of my games 2nd hand (picked up Star Wars Battlefront for £2 last week from a 'cash generator' type shop).

I also converted my Gold membership to Ultimate Game Pass via the £1 deal the other month, so have access to whatever is on there.

I know it's down to personal taste regarding games, but I like Fifa, the odd shooter (Cod etc - best version?), adventure type games - Fable etc.

So, what would you recommend that I can keep a second hand eye out for in Cex, charity shops etc?

Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
Gears of War is decent and has a great online multilayer setup
Douglas_Birks20/09/2019 14:10

Gears of War is decent and has a great online multilayer setup

From what I can see GOW 5 is on ultimate pass at the moment, would you recommend any others in the series?
I've done them all except 5 and enjoyed them all
Thanks.
Also don't forget gta5
Douglas_Birks20/09/2019 14:37

Also don't forget gta5

Thanks, I think I may already have that for the 360.

I was asking about backwards compat in another thread, and whether it was worth buying the xbox one edition of a game if I already had the 360 version and it was backwards compat. It seems to be that you don't get much benefit (if any) from the Xbox one version and better off keeping your money for something else and using the 360 version with a bit of a graphical update.

Do you have any experience/thoughts on this?
Get game pass its Netflix for games you wont need to buy games any more
Personally I would only go backwards if I wanted the game to play old school style, i personally wouldn't buy the game as an updated version so I'm probably the wrong person to ask... One disc I would also look for is the Sega megastar disc on the 360 as that works in the xbox one and has classic sonic on it and a few more etc but make sure it's the right one.... Google has the list on discs which are backwards compatible
_Tris_20/09/2019 15:07

Get game pass its Netflix for games you wont need to buy games any more

Yes, I already have this as I upgraded my Live Gold with the £1 offer a few months ago - just haven't been able to use it yet.
Gta 5 for online
Battlefield v
Apex Legends is a free game to get you going, has its issues but I find it better than the other battle royals out at the moment, plus it's free.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants