Recommend weekend uk break for wife's birthday

Posted 26th Dec 2019
Hi all.

I'm after recommendations for a weekend break mid January for wife's birthday.

Will be me wife and 2 kids. want a relaxing break which will keep kids busy too. 5 yrs and 11 yrs.

I live I Birmingham.
Community Updates
Ask
27 Comments
Does it have to be UK? You can go on a European city break for the same price - ish.

Edit: sorry, missed the kids being in tow bit
Edited by: "deeky" 26th Dec 2019
Stratford-upon-Avon and could take the kids to Warwick Castle and Anne Hathaways House?

Not far and quite interesting as well
stayplayexplore.co.uk/

We did Leicestershire

Hotel and tickets Bargain... Hilton with pool ect. Visited space centre and zoo.

Oh yes. We have a proper space centre in the UK
Edited by: "wayners" 26th Dec 2019
A relaxing BREAK WITH 2 children in tow ain't happening...
Scotland , in particular Isle Of Skye
Hi. Will be leaving Friday evening and back Sunday.
Mendoza26/12/2019 13:35

Scotland , in particular Isle Of Skye

That's too far to travel and too expensive to fly for us 4. Maybe one day for a longer break though.

Will there be anywhere warm? Probably not as we in the UK.

Going in 2 weeks
wayners26/12/2019 12:20

stayplayexplore.co.uk/We did LeicestershireHotel and tickets Bargain... …stayplayexplore.co.uk/We did LeicestershireHotel and tickets Bargain... Hilton with pool ect. Visited space centre and zoo.Oh yes. We have a proper space centre in the UK

Hi.
Yes we went space centre a few years ago. Did the offer thing with 3 attractions and over night hotel.
It is not a break if the kids are there. Buy your wife a spa day, or two; let her pamper herself. You manage the kids and get the house clean & shiny. That will probably be more appreciated. Cheaper too.
Bath it’s a good spot for a break
bozo00726/12/2019 15:36

It is not a break if the kids are there. Buy your wife a spa day, or two; …It is not a break if the kids are there. Buy your wife a spa day, or two; let her pamper herself. You manage the kids and get the house clean & shiny. That will probably be more appreciated. Cheaper too.

Good idea. Want to all get out the house together
hax826/12/2019 15:40

Ah. I'll check that out thanks.
pKaTz26/12/2019 13:57

Will there be anywhere warm? Probably not as we in the UK. Going in 2 …Will there be anywhere warm? Probably not as we in the UK. Going in 2 weeks

Will it be warm? In The UK? In January?

Are you new here?

And it'll be warm
deeky26/12/2019 16:19

Will it be warm? In The UK? In January?Are you new here?

Lol. Some parts of the UK are generally more warmer than other. But as we all know with the UK weather its unpredictable. Hence asking if an area is generally warm.
pKaTz26/12/2019 13:57

That's too far to travel and too expensive to fly for us 4. Maybe one day …That's too far to travel and too expensive to fly for us 4. Maybe one day for a longer break though. Will there be anywhere warm? Probably not as we in the UK. Going in 2 weeks

I think January will be when the snow comes in
Mendoza26/12/2019 19:27

I think January will be when the snow comes in

I have changed my thinking to consider staying indoors more. So weather not so much of a problem.

Depending on hotel facilities .

I know travel lodge cheap but not have many extras
look abroad you will get a ryan flight from Birmingham and accommodation almost anywhere cheaper than the UK and a whole lot better than the damp sqibs this place has to offer
thomasleep26/12/2019 21:41

look abroad you will get a ryan flight from Birmingham and accommodation …look abroad you will get a ryan flight from Birmingham and accommodation almost anywhere cheaper than the UK and a whole lot better than the damp sqibs this place has to offer

I know. But when you factor in 4 flights. Will be a lot more £££.
pKaTz26/12/2019 21:43

I know. But when you factor in 4 flights. Will be a lot more £££.

Seriously have a look at the prices you might be pleasantly surprised!! Almost certainly will be less than petrol if you drive more than 50 miles, and way cheaper than any trains or buses.
deeky26/12/2019 12:08

Does it have to be UK? You can go on a European city break for the same …Does it have to be UK? You can go on a European city break for the same price - ish.Edit: sorry, missed the kids being in tow bit

Yep kids too.

To be realistic as can travel Fri evening. Means 2 nights. Then travel back for Sunday. So can be back to work Monday and kids to school.
Sc4mp026/12/2019 12:14

Stratford-upon-Avon and could take the kids to Warwick Castle and Anne …Stratford-upon-Avon and could take the kids to Warwick Castle and Anne Hathaways House?Not far and quite interesting as well

Hi.

I will have a look at this option.
have you looked on ukbreakaways

I think that’s the one my parents always use for 4 people
Come down to London. Birmingham is a trash place. Manchester is the same.
Just make sure you wear some stab-proof vests.

Bath looks nice. Depends on if can take kids to the Spa.s

A little expensive though. But I guess you're paying for the heritage.

Not too far out from Stonehenge too.
pKaTz29/12/2019 17:14

Bath looks nice. Depends on if can take kids to the Spa.sA little …Bath looks nice. Depends on if can take kids to the Spa.sA little expensive though. But I guess you're paying for the heritage. Not too far out from Stonehenge too.

Just seen that on my dates the Thermae Bath Spa will be closed for planned maintenance.
Portsmouth of course . All the history , loads to do and shopping at gunwharf . waits for comments !!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions