Groups

Recommendation for 3D TV

I know many consider 3D a passing fad, but I am a big fan and am looking to get a 55 or 65 inch TV with 3D capabilities.

Can you please suggest a few models preferably between 2,000 and 2,500 which are worth considering? Samsung seem to have stopped doing 3D in their recent TVs.

Many Thanks

10 Comments

3D's dead and thats coming from someone who has invested alot of money in it.

And since ive got my psvr whilst not 3d watching films on my own personall 200inch screen beats 3d any day of the week

The LG e6v range.
    Come in 55 & 65" version
    55 on offer at currys. Passive 3D but the OLED screen makes it looks AMAZING.

If you want a Panasonic then both the Dx902 and DX802 ranges have active 3D and high reviews. They come in 58" and 65" variants

I have been conflicted between the two, but spent a long time with the LG yesterday and have decided to have its babies. Amazing panel.

Another vote for the LG OLED E6. I own this set and can vouch for it's performance across multiple content.

The 3D will knock your socks off!

dafunq

http://ao.com/product/kdl75w855cbu-sony-tv-black-36246-108.aspx?&WT.z_PT=AV&WT.z_AT=LED%20TV&WT.z_MT=Search&WT.z_RTM=PLA&WT.z_MAT=Sony&WT.z_DT=m&WT.z_FT=Free%20Standing&WT.z_PC=KDL75W855CBU&WT.srch=1&wt.z_cn=AV%20-%20LED%20TVs%20-%2075%20Inch%20-%20Gen&wt.z_ag=type%20generic&wt.z_kw=KDL75W855CBU&gclid=Cj0KEQiAv4jDBRCC1IvzqqDnkYYBEiQA89utotT9-snIMMcwH_iePe-LtHNjhJzSGaARI52n3J6uaIIaAm7L8P8HAQ

with a budget of 2 and half grand surely hes gotta go for 4k asswell as 3d

fattyuk

3D's dead and thats coming from someone who has invested alot of money in … 3D's dead and thats coming from someone who has invested alot of money in it.And since ive got my psvr whilst not 3d watching films on my own personall 200inch screen beats 3d any day of the week

Agree, ive had my 3D tv for 4 years, never use the 3D anymore.

cornishscouse

Agree, ive had my 3D tv for 4 years, never use the 3D anymore.

Im on my 3rd one last year i could of got a 4k tv but i was 100% adamant i wanted 3d, now i wish i had dipped into 4k

fattyuk

HDR maybe, but 4K is neither here nor there for a lot of setups.

Samsung and Philips have both dropped 3D this year.

LG support it on the 850V and up apart from the B6V, Panasonic support it on the DX750 and up and Sony on the XD93 and up.

Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 27th Dec 2016

fattyuk

​Yeah but 3d setup on less than 70" is a waste imo so I was going for a good all rounder

Original Poster

Thanks everyone who responded to my query. I will keep an eye on the LG OLED E6 series and hope it drops in price.

I have a 5 year old boy who is still fascinated by the stuff projecting out of the screen and there is enough content to keep him going for a couple of years.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat99
      2. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2324
      3. Win a two day trip to Greenwich with VisitLondon22
      4. Win a VIP West End break with VisitLondon33

See more discussions