Recommendation for 3DS XL touch screen replacement/repair/fix.

6 replies
Found 13th Jan
Console Wizard charge £34.99 + £9.50 postage to repair a cracked 3DS XL touch screen. consolewizard.co.uk/kes…tml

Can anyone recommend another alternative (cheaper?) service ?

6 Comments

I'll be honest the screens on these things are easy to fix get screen from eBay and watch a couple of YouTube vids

Probably better getting it from aliexpress or Deal extreme etc

One thing these vids never tell you but I always advise ware anti static gloves for these jobs

One thing these vids never tell you but I always advise ware anti static gloves for these jobs

Original Poster

larrylightweight

One thing these vids never tell you but I always advise ware anti static … One thing these vids never tell you but I always advise ware anti static gloves for these jobs

Easy might be understating it a little. I already considered the option of fixing myself as the screen and other bit you need is only a few quid on ebay. But one popular site had a guided 30 step process with pictures, and it did not include the putting everything back together either. And I saw one guy on a forum who said his 3DS wasn't booting up after he changed the screen.

If it was the top screen I probably would have had a go, that seems more straight forward. But the bottom touch screen I think I'd rather just get someone who knows what they are doing.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Lego Dimensions has officially been cancelled.55
    2. Hope of a cure for asthma712
    3. Free Fifa 18 Fut coins 150k610
    4. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland2151

See more discussions