Recommendation for garden hose

Posted 23rd May 2023
I gone and bought myself pressure washer but don't have garden hose. I've seen quite a few varieties and was wondering if anybody has any recommendations.

Also, where can i buy the add-on to allow snow form on the pressure washer, it has internal detergent tank?

Thankyou
Community Updates
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    slimy31
    Don't go cheap, I've had a load of issues with cheap hoses kinking and cutting off the water flow. Pressure washers don't like running dry so losing water flow is a very bad thing.

The Hozelock 'ultimate' hose works well and resists kinks and twists, although it can be very heavy. I do recommend using brass hose fittings as well, such as this; toolstation.com/bra…553
    Uridium
    Hozelock ultraflex is the best I've used, had mine for many years now. good heavy quality and doesn't kink easily
    melted
    I've also got a hoselock hose, really old now but still good.

And have also found brass hose fittings the best.

I did find an issue using a flow stop hose connector on the pressure washer we have, possibly because it is a cheap one. My pressure washer relieves the pressure when the trigger is released stopping the pump by allowing the pressurised water in it to flow back into the garden hose. The valve in a stop hose connector prevents the backflow and bursts if it is plastic, a metal one survives longer, but as the pressure has no where to go, the trigger on the lance can't be pressed without a lot of force. I had to modify the stop connector to allow water to flow back.
    newbie68
    I bought Amazon's own one (rewinds itself). 2 years now - going strong, beast of a thing mounted on the wall (comes with mounting plate). Couldn't recommend it enough. Used weekly at least
    SaturdayGigs
    Do you have a link please?
    Thanks
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants