Groups

Recommendation of a good bathroom sealant please...

The sealant around our bath has started to lift in places leading to a slight leak through the kitchen ceiling after the youngest decided to spend half an hour in the shower and turning it into a wet room!
    I am going to remove all the original sealant and redo the whole lot....is there one out there that you would particularly recommend that is easily available from Wilkos or B&Q........thanks in advance :-)

14 Comments

This is the best on the market but you might be able to get it localy
    ]http//ww…ite

Banned

don't skimp on the price else you'll only be doing it again in a few months

I used this one bits to seal around our bath (after three attempts with poor quality ones :oops:). It's not the cheapest, but hasn't let a single drop of water through.

wilkinsonplus.com/Fil…984

It's specifically for Power Showers, so is made to withstand a hammering by the water.

Original Poster

fern;5765587

This is the best on the market but you might be able to get it … This is the best on the market but you might be able to get it localy]http://www.nationalplastics.co.uk/gb/product/__EVERMICROWHITE__/Q001/Accessories/Proffesional%20Sealants/Forever%20White

thanks for that, I want to pick it up to do over the weekend so would need to buy instore.

lumoruk;5765627

don't skimp on the price else you'll only be doing it again in a few … don't skimp on the price else you'll only be doing it again in a few months

price isnt an issue and definately want something that is going to do the job and stay put........any recommendations?

Original Poster

midlandscomics;5765679

I used this one bits to seal around our bath (after three attempts with … I used this one bits to seal around our bath (after three attempts with poor quality ones :oops:). It's not the cheapest, but hasn't let a single drop of water through.http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/Fillers+Sealants/Unibond-The-Ultimate-Anti-Mould-Shower+Bathroom-Sealant-Ice-White-300ml/invt/0245984

Just been looking at that one on the wilkos site! If it does the job then thats the one for me! :thumbsup:

bitseylango;5765690

Just been looking at that one on the wilkos site! If it does the job then … Just been looking at that one on the wilkos site! If it does the job then thats the one for me! :thumbsup:

It was only about a two months ago that I picked one up in store (and our local isn't the biggest) so I'd imagine most of them stock it

Banned

make sure you get 1 with anti bacterial thing in it to stop mould, mildew etc or as stated above or you may end up redoing it again

Banned

bitseylango;5765681

price isnt an issue and definately want something that is going to do the … price isnt an issue and definately want something that is going to do the job and stay put........any recommendations?

Wickes Master premium stuff forget what they call it comes in a silver tube

£7.99 though

http://www.wickes.co.uk/content/ebiz/wickes/invt/209298/209298-ab0-00co_full.jpg

Original Poster

casparwhite;5765699

make sure you get 1 with anti bacterial thing in it to stop mould, mildew … make sure you get 1 with anti bacterial thing in it to stop mould, mildew etc or as stated above or you may end up redoing it again

thanks, we had the bathroom put in 4 years ago and they must have skimped on everything.....bloody mould is a nightmare so gonna redo it all with the right stuff! :thumbsup:

Gonna try the Unibond that MC recommended, thanks and rep to everyone for your help xx

[quote=bitseylango;5765681]thanks for that, I want to pick it up to do over the weekend so would need to buy instore.

Where are you located?

Original Poster

fern;5765731

[quote=bitseylango;5765681]thanks for that, I want to pick it up to do … [quote=bitseylango;5765681]thanks for that, I want to pick it up to do over the weekend so would need to buy instore.Where are you located?

Nottingham:thumbsup:

bitseylango;5765723

thanks, we had the bathroom put in 4 years ago and they must have skimped … thanks, we had the bathroom put in 4 years ago and they must have skimped on everything.....bloody mould is a nightmare so gonna redo it all with the right stuff! :thumbsup:Gonna try the Unibond that MC recommended, thanks and rep to everyone for your help xx

Would defo recommend that Unibond stuff, I re-did our shower cubicle same prob as yours.

Been in 2 years now and not a fleck of mould and still looks bright and clean. :thumbsup:

bitseylango;5765749

[quote=fern;5765731]Nottingham:thumbsup:

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=1][COLOR=#000080]National Plastics Corby[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=1][COLOR=#000080][FONT=Tahoma]UNIT 1, ENTERPRISE COURT, GEDDINGTON ROAD, CORBY NN18 8ET[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=1][COLOR=#000080]T[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=1][COLOR=#000080]01536 262640[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=1][COLOR=#000080]F[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=1][COLOR=#000080]01536 400610[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    Or you can try
    PBM Unit 9 Palm Court Industrial Centre
    Palm Street
    Basford
    Nottingham
    NG7 7HU

]Teleseal is the best stuff you can buy. I used it in my ensuite and its very good. Bought mine at ]screwfix.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction88
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …1833
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764471
      4. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1647

See more discussions