Recommendation to buy used cars?

Found 24th Dec 2017
Hi, we've been searching for a car under £5,000 automatic but struggling to find any reasonable ones around here in London. Are there any other sites which would be ideal to search beside auto trader and gumtree?

Many thanks,

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments

EBay

Buy a Dacia new?

£5995 will get you into a brand new Dacia but not an automatic hotukdeals.com/dea…525 no MOT for 3 years, 3 years breakdown cover plus 3 year warranty that you can rely on as most used car warranties are hard to claim on and you normally have to pay for the repair first and then hope they agree to pay up, most things you try to claim for they will put down to wear and tear or not covered.
Edited by: "SOUTHWALES" 24th Dec 2017

I'm looking for a small car for my son, must be automatic and in very good condition.
Can car traders on ebay be trusted ??

shadey1218 h, 55 m ago

EBay

I saw a nice car and contacted the seller to ask if the car had been in any sort of accident. He replied no it wasn't, when I looked on ebay it said it was a Cat D vehicle which I don't want for my son.

Used car warranties arent worth shit unless it's a manufacturer backed one.

For 5 grand I'd be looking at Toyota or Hyundai (both 5 years warranty), or Kia (7 years). Otherwise you could buy a car, let's say a VW tiguan for argument's sake, and then the engine self destructs leaving you with a £3k bill.

Yeah be aware that warranties cover virtually nothing when you read through all the terms. They class virtually everything as wear and tear items. The engine would literally have to fall out and even then they'd probably refuse to pay out. Scam artists.

I couldn't recommend any auto cars.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 25th Dec 2017

Just make sure you HPI check any car you consider buying from a private seller . I bought a car on eBay luckily before I collected it I had the seller email the Reg no. Turned out it was on the insurance register.. I did not complete the sale best £4 I spent this year .. good luck

summerof7623 h, 37 m ago

I saw a nice car and contacted the seller to ask if the car had been in …I saw a nice car and contacted the seller to ask if the car had been in any sort of accident. He replied no it wasn't, when I looked on ebay it said it was a Cat D vehicle which I don't want for my son.

Category D means it's an insurance write-off prior to October 2017 for being uneconomical to repair. The system changed recently, so cars written off since then are either Cat S - structurally damaged but repairable and Cat N - non-structurally damaged.

It doesn't necessarily mean it's been in an accident, it may have been vandalised or similar. The seller could potentially have been telling the truth.

I wouldn’t recommend Dacia as a lot of people complain about them . I’d get some good reliable Japanese car :-)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants