Recommendations: Bean to Cup Machines

Posted 14th Dec 2019
Hello!

I’ve finally decided to treat myself after years of unhappiness with Nespresso machines making bad coffee.

I’d like to hear from people who have owned a bean to cup coffee machine for a while and can recommend one that does a nice tasting cappuccino etc.

I’m looking for something under £300 with a milk frother but not with the milk tank (I’d prefer to froth milk fresh every time in my jug - plus it’s one less thing to wash!)

Thank you!
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Hi, We have a delonghi, it’s about 6 years old and used daily!
The flavour depends upon the beans that you choose to use, we use illy and buy them in bulk when there is a deal on.
It has a milk steamer rather than a separate milk tank...this however broke a couple of years back. I have bought a cheap (£19) milk frother from Aldi which is fab and easy to clean, also great for hot choc!
Amazon are currently selling the Delonghi ESAM 4200 for £279.99 this is the updated version of the one I have.
Hope that helps!
Sherrie.
sherrieb14/12/2019 23:19

Hi, We have a delonghi, it’s about 6 years old and used daily!The flavour d …Hi, We have a delonghi, it’s about 6 years old and used daily!The flavour depends upon the beans that you choose to use, we use illy and buy them in bulk when there is a deal on.It has a milk steamer rather than a separate milk tank...this however broke a couple of years back. I have bought a cheap (£19) milk frother from Aldi which is fab and easy to clean, also great for hot choc!Amazon are currently selling the Delonghi ESAM 4200 for £279.99 this is the updated version of the one I have.Hope that helps! Sherrie.

i have the the 4200, gotta say its the best machine ive had, specially with lavazza beans..
If you like coffee like you buy in coffee shops you generally just buy Italian roast or French roast. Any machine will taste a million times better than pod type coffees and usually you can make it better than most coffee shops too tbh.
I’ve been looking at the Sage one in Costco. That’s a little over £300 but believe people speak quite highly of that one. I’ll be interested in the replies you get too as we too have decided to get a bean to cup machine. Happy hunting
I've got the delonghi cafe corsa? and it is brilliant , I like a strong, rounded coffee and buy mocha italia beans from Compass Coffee online.
bedlyblue15/12/2019 08:55

I've got the delonghi cafe corsa? and it is brilliant , I like a strong, …I've got the delonghi cafe corsa? and it is brilliant , I like a strong, rounded coffee and buy mocha italia beans from Compass Coffee online.

Can be as low as £180 at Argos a few times a year.

+1 for Aldi Columbian beans, £1.87 a bag.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions