Groups
    EXPIRED

Recommendations for a digital camera - anything between £100-£150

I'm looking for a fairly decent digital camera.

I've currently got a Canon 7mp & a 10mp - but I'm not happy with the quality of the images that I take - I normally take it to concerts. The only thing I don't want, is to use normal AA or AAA batteries.

Any recommendations of makes/models which would suit for gigs, and yes I do realise it is like asking how long is a piece of string - but a few suggestions would be fab!

4 Comments

I got the Fuji Finepix EXR200 for xmas....it takes brill pics in low light too. excellent camera

Banned

karagh;8050047

I got the Fuji Finepix EXR200 for xmas....it takes brill pics in low … I got the Fuji Finepix EXR200 for xmas....it takes brill pics in low light too. excellent camera

This is now on offer at Amazon for £149.10 - have a look at the deal that I just posted.

RRP is £289.99!!

Banned

I'm suprised.
    You'd rather pay around £30 for a spare battery in case you need one than carry a couple of AA's around?
    Also, AA's being so readilly available worldwide.
    I actually regard a dedicated battery as a massive drawback.

Well, I suppose your string's a diferent length than mine. :thumbsup:

Re gigs. I'd reccomend a zoom of at least 10 x.

Original Poster

Pluun;8050729

I'm suprised.You'd rather pay around £30 for a spare battery in case you … I'm suprised.You'd rather pay around £30 for a spare battery in case you need one than carry a couple of AA's around?Also, AA's being so readilly available worldwide.I actually regard a dedicated battery as a massive drawback.Well, I suppose your string's a diferent length than mine. :thumbsup:Re gigs. I'd reccomend a zoom of at least 10 x.

It might be a manufacturer thing - but my Canon (IXUS 70) with the rechargable battery doesn't "charge" the flash after every shot - whereas the Powershot A480 does...
    I do like the build quality of the Canon, but after seeing some of the shots that this girl was taking with her camera (no..I didn't ask... but wish I had now..lol), think it was a Samsung.
    Maybe I should learn more about lowlight photography to actually use the camera's I've got to their full potential? :whistling:
    I've had a look @ the Fujifilm - doesn't look too bad, and have now found the Jessops website to see if I can find a balance between what I want, and what it'd cost
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767275
      2. What would be HELL to you?55
      3. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1526
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047117

See more discussions