Groups

Recommendations for a Kitchen Tap

We've recently acquired a Carron Onyx Bali 150 1.5 bowl kitchen sink and are looking for a suitable mixer tap to go with it.

We have a combi boiler, which i think means high pressure system, our kitchen is small and the sink is opposite the window.

So we don't want a 'tall' tap, and whilst the 'pull-out' kind would be preferable our budget is £100, our priority is a quality and lasting tap.

Any recommendations?

10 Comments

Original Poster

davewave

some ideas below for your … some ideas below for your considerationhttp://www.builderdepot.co.uk/grohe-bauedge-single-lever-kitchen-sink-mixer-tap-chrome-31367000.htmlhttp://www.screwfix.com/p/bristan-cinnamon-mono-mixer-kitchen-tap-chrome/6959d

Many thanks for this, got me looking at the Grohe ones which led me to this which we've purchased plumbcenter.co.uk/pro…-2/

I always go for Hansgrohe. Exceptional German manufacturing and a solid warranty should it ever be required.

Original Poster

ipswich78

I always go for Hansgrohe. Exceptional German manufacturing and a solid … I always go for Hansgrohe. Exceptional German manufacturing and a solid warranty should it ever be required.

​we chose Grohe when we got our shower last year, I think I read at the time that hansgrohe was developed from Grohe, 2 brothers decided to form 2 companies 1 concentrating on commercial the other residential.....of course I may be completely wrong but both are German and are of exceptional quality

saintscouple

​we chose Grohe when we got our shower last year, I think I read at the t … ​we chose Grohe when we got our shower last year, I think I read at the time that hansgrohe was developed from Grohe, 2 brothers decided to form 2 companies 1 concentrating on commercial the other residential.....of course I may be completely wrong but both are German and are of exceptional quality

That's not far off. Although that happened well over 100 years ago! I personally just prefer Hansgrohe because as you say it's more for the commercial market i.e. hotels at the higher end of the market (my thinking is that it'll last longer as they're are built for higher usage) - however the prices for consumers are very good. You don't tend to find them in the likes of Homebase, B&Q etc. more in the independent retailers.
    Edited by: "ipswich78" 10th Jan

Original Poster

missleading

That one has 3/8 tails so don't forget to buy adapters.

Oh don't suppose you could kindly link me to the ones i need? I didn't know i would need them, thank you so much

Original Poster

saintscouple

Oh don't suppose you could kindly link me to the ones i need? I didn't … Oh don't suppose you could kindly link me to the ones i need? I didn't know i would need them, thank you so much

No worries, found them amazon.co.uk/GRO…PI6

Thanks again as that would have been awkward not having them at install. A bit surprised they don't mention them on the manufacturers website, just states easy installation and having it installed in a blink of an eye lol grohe.co.uk/en_…tml

Edit: Got the ones from screwfix instead due to all positive reviews and cheaper. screwfix.com/p/c…346

Edited by: "saintscouple" 10th Jan

saintscouple

No worries, found them … No worries, found them http://www.amazon.co.uk/GROHE-46914000-Compression-Fittings-Bathroom/dp/B01IOKNPI6Thanks again as that would have been awkward not having them at install. A bit surprised they don't mention them on the manufacturers website, just states easy installation and having it installed in a blink of an eye lol http://www.grohe.co.uk/en_gb/eurosmart-sink-mixer-1-2-30305000.html

How would the manufacturer know that you need them? It's a UK thing I believe...

Original Poster

ipswich78

How would the manufacturer know that you need them? It's a UK thing I … How would the manufacturer know that you need them? It's a UK thing I believe...

Yeah, from the reviews i've read they have the European fittings, I just thought as they are sold in the uk they would have uk fittings... doh!

saintscouple

Yeah, from the reviews i've read they have the European fittings, I just … Yeah, from the reviews i've read they have the European fittings, I just thought as they are sold in the uk they would have uk fittings... doh!

Nope, Hansgrohe are the same (as are others). It would cost them a huge amount more to manufacture specifically for the UK market and we would end up paying a higher cost.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1424
      2. love affairs1548
      3. word association Game73944491
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927364

See more discussions