Groups

Recommendations for a video camera?

Looking to buy a video recording device. Any suggestion? It's for holiday and general family occasions.
    Is a go pro a good thing? Or should I more stick with a camcorder or so?

5 Comments

Why not use your phone? A GoPro is more a action camera for strapping to your head whilst trying to kill yourself doing "sports".

You have to first decide your budget and quality requirements.. I bet you could get a none HD camcorder for a couple of hundred. But a 4K camera with better sound recording, image stabilisation etc will possibly set you back a minimum of £1500.

See Here for an example..

As stated above would a mobile phone not meet your requirements?
    Edited by: "Dawsy" 6th Apr

Original Poster

Dawsy

You have to first decide your budget and quality requirements.. I bet you … You have to first decide your budget and quality requirements.. I bet you could get a none HD camcorder for a couple of hundred. But a 4K camera with better sound recording, image stabilisation etc will possibly set you back a minimum of £1500. See Here for an example..As stated above would a mobile phone not meet your requirements?

Thank yo for your replies,
    I just want to have less shaky videos, my phone makes okay videos but often very frustrating results. The big questions here is if I will carry video device with me when the "moments" are there? What is your experience?
    Edited by: "4711" 6th Apr

The poor grip of a phone tends to make it shaky.

The GoPro is designed for helmet mounting and things, so for hand held video, the camcorder style may be better, certainly designed for more comfortable holding, the "pistol grip" such as uk.webuy.com/pro…C2B
    Or the ones that strap across the palm of the hand such as uk.webuy.com/pro…70A
    Just for example

A lot of "youtubers" or "vloggers" actually use good quality photography cameras that have above average to excellent HD video capabilities. I'd say don't just be looking for a said Video camera
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Decent hoover66
      2. Hard drive 'died'(?), what can I do? (for computer wizards please!)46
      3. Job Centre sending text to confirm appointment66
      4. Iptv814

See more discussions