Groups

Recommendations for AMD Athlon x2 6000+ AM2 Heatsink

As title. Does anyone know what is good and where i can get a reasonable priced heatsink.
    Currently using stock but would like to upgrade to better cooling.

5 Comments

I just upgraded from the stock on my Athlon X2 4800+ to an Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, got it from Scan with a new GFX card cooler (AC Accelero S2) and the free next day delivery option (if order is over £20) for being an AVforum user. It's a fantastic cooler!

scan.co.uk/Pro…993

Ebuyer also have it, but you need to pay delivery with them and it comes to over £16.

Blimey so many to choose from but generally you get what you pay for..I generally use stock as I don't overclock :whistling:

I'd recommend EBuyer even if you don't actually buy from them, just to read the reviews on anything you might be partially interested in :thinking:

Also have a look at Novatech novatech.co.uk/nov…0m0 although, as pointed out above, Scan are well cheaper

Don't cut corners though and make sure you use a good heat sink paste otherwise you're not efficiently transferring the heat

Good Luck

Original Poster

artic silver 5 all the way

Exactly, use a good paste and you'll get great temps on your CPU. Mine idles at around 30 degrees and when I'm pushing it hard then it goes no higher than about 40-45 degrees, this cooler has cut off about 15 degrees from the stock fan I was using.

Original Poster

Mine now idles at 40c. I would like to get that down a bit. I know theres some coolers out there that costs £40 or more but want something around the £20 mark. The Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro looks good so far.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?88
      2. Weekly game codes giveaway 1831126
      3. *Heads Up* Free Wrestling on Sunday 10pm YouTube, Facebook and WWE.com. Sum…11
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?27127

See more discussions