Recommendations for an android box please

Posted 14th NovEdited by:"m1keyp1key"
Just something cheap for my 2nd tv. Got a mecool one on my main tv and that's great but don't want to spend £70

Budget is around £30 and it's only for plex/iptv.

Don't need 4k or anything like that and no movie services.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
Maybe firestick, be 25£ on Black Friday..
Have you not got a Smart TV or Xbox, Ps4? They'll all allow you to use Plex. And a few IPTV you can use threw Plex.
If you are after a Android device, as above mentioned FireTv stick
As above firetv stick, they run kodi / plex, hold their price, are reliable, well supported, play 4k video and are easy to procure cheapy. This obsession with poorly made IPTV boxes that last 2 years max before falling into obscurity with no updates has to end.
Bargainhead14/11/2019 18:53

Maybe firestick, be 25£ on Black Friday..

Exact what I was going to suggest, no need for an android box really. I got rid of my android box about a year ago an haven't missed anything with it.
I use a 4k firestick. Perfect for iptv, not tried plex.
Toon_army14/11/2019 19:04

Have you not got a Smart TV or Xbox, Ps4? They'll all allow you to use …Have you not got a Smart TV or Xbox, Ps4? They'll all allow you to use Plex. And a few IPTV you can use threw Plex.If you are after a Android device, as above mentioned FireTv stick

This tv is the worst tv in the house and is very basic and all my good stuff is attached to better tvs and don't want to swap it around.

I had an old android box on 5.1 that i was using on this tv and that's what i'm wanting to replace.

As everyone is saying firestick i'll get one on black friday.
ncd14/11/2019 19:24

Exact what I was going to suggest, no need for an android box really. I …Exact what I was going to suggest, no need for an android box really. I got rid of my android box about a year ago an haven't missed anything with it.

I've a mecool android box and been really happy with it, and was my main reason for wanting another android box. But it looks like firestick for this other tv is the way to go.
m1keyp1key14/11/2019 19:54

This tv is the worst tv in the house and is very basic and all my good …This tv is the worst tv in the house and is very basic and all my good stuff is attached to better tvs and don't want to swap it around. I had an old android box on 5.1 that i was using on this tv and that's what i'm wanting to replace. As everyone is saying firestick i'll get one on black friday.

Ah, well if it's an older tele the stick will transform it into a kind of Smart TV.
Is it films and TV your watching on Plex? I stopped downloading torrents as I found a way to stream stuff and got full 1080p and 4k links rather than the bum 480p ones you normally get
Toon_army14/11/2019 20:11

Ah, well if it's an older tele the stick will transform it into a kind of …Ah, well if it's an older tele the stick will transform it into a kind of Smart TV.Is it films and TV your watching on Plex? I stopped downloading torrents as I found a way to stream stuff and got full 1080p and 4k links rather than the bum 480p ones you normally get

It's a digihome set and only really use it in the winter. The old android box on it was so slow and unresponsive that i messed around with it and broke it and now it wont boot any firmware up. Not that bothered as it doesn't look like i could have done anything to improve it anyway.

But just want to get something in the sales for iptv and american tv shows that i put on my plex server to watch when i get time.
m1keyp1key14/11/2019 20:18

It's a digihome set and only really use it in the winter. The old android …It's a digihome set and only really use it in the winter. The old android box on it was so slow and unresponsive that i messed around with it and broke it and now it wont boot any firmware up. Not that bothered as it doesn't look like i could have done anything to improve it anyway. But just want to get something in the sales for iptv and american tv shows that i put on my plex server to watch when i get time.

Yeah old Android boxes are only good for the bin. Some of the older ones dont even support newer app versions.
You'll be more than happy with the 4k TV stick, if they go down to £25 buy two
Tx3 mini 2gb off ebay
Do people still buy android boxes
Anyone after iptv I recommend mammothiptv find them on twitter
Don’t bother there crap get a firestick instead I’ve got a guy on Facebook that’s doing deals at the moment 24 months for £125 including the firestick mine is so good I cancelled my sky and that was about 7 months ago also does other deals on 12 and just lines only
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions