Expired

recommendations for indian bridal dress? shops, colour and style? also if you can recommend any hair and make up artist please. thankyou :)

Found 2nd May 2014
Would like to know which shops in birmingham are the best for indian bridal wear? also what sort of colours and styles are in fashion? also i need to look for a good make up artist... if you have any suggestions please let me know... thanks... annie
Community Updates
AskDressMake UpWedding
24 Comments
I'm sure if you go down 'Soho road' in Birmingham you should find everything there.
Original Poster
GiantTeddy

I'm sure if you go down 'Soho road' in Birmingham you should find … I'm sure if you go down 'Soho road' in Birmingham you should find everything there.

never been there. Will have to go. Thanks
annie_21

never been there. Will have to go. Thanks

no problem! Here's a quick link I just found for you.. http://www.yelp.co.uk/search?find_desc=Asian+Bridal+Shops&find_loc=Birmingham%2C+West+Midlands

Just type in 'soho road birmingham' in google. Soho road is a well-known street for Indian stuff so you should not have a problem!
And just another tip, if you like a dress... Try price haggling/reducing, it always works in Indian shops as they all have a final price they can down too!
If you are in southeast region then go to southall
best places would be soho road you find everything there you need or another option ebay to brand new imported bridal wear from india and accesories kiran beauty is situated in walsall she is a mobile beautician very good i used her few times now for wedding functions and she prob be able to recommend you good shops too as she works in the bridal industry
Original Poster
raghu2000

If you are in southeast region then go to southall

yeah i was there a few weeks ago and i saw lots of nice outfits in southall. Myt have to pay london another visit. Thanku for ur help x
Original Poster
GiantTeddy

no problem! Here's a quick link I just found for you.. … no problem! Here's a quick link I just found for you.. http://www.yelp.co.uk/search?find_desc=Asian+Bridal+Shops&find_loc=Birmingham%2C+West+MidlandsJust type in 'soho road birmingham' in google. Soho road is a well-known street for Indian stuff so you should not have a problem!

thanks alot for ur help. Will probably go tomorrow wish me luck
Original Poster
Also could someone pls clarify whether u have to wear red on the first day..? Or is that just a tradition...?
thats just a tradition nowadays brides wear all sorts of colours my cousin getting married she isnt wearing the traditional lengha she had a long dress made for her in india
do you mind me asking what religion? they all have different ideas/traditions

red is the traditional bridal colour for most but its personal taste really

as a guest any colour goes... depending on where you are based - london green street or Southall are good
leicester - Belgrave road or
Birmingham - Soho Road

when you visit any of these areas you will find a lot of places advertise mua's, its usually best to get recommendations though if you can.. I can recommend a few on leicester or london but where will wedding be based?
There's also Green Street in Upton Park (East London) if you ever head down that area.
agreed, depends on religion, culture etc
Original Poster
sand10

thats just a tradition nowadays brides wear all sorts of colours my … thats just a tradition nowadays brides wear all sorts of colours my cousin getting married she isnt wearing the traditional lengha she had a long dress made for her in india

female family members insist i wear red on the first day. And it gets confusin and irritating when they keep going on at me that i HAVE to wear red...thanks for ur help btw
Original Poster
Sparkley123

do you mind me asking what religion? they all have different … do you mind me asking what religion? they all have different ideas/traditionsred is the traditional bridal colour for most but its personal taste reallyas a guest any colour goes... depending on where you are based - london green street or Southall are goodleicester - Belgrave road orBirmingham - Soho Roadwhen you visit any of these areas you will find a lot of places advertise mua's, its usually best to get recommendations though if you can.. I can recommend a few on leicester or london but where will wedding be based?

thanks for ur advice. Wedding is based in birmingham. Just gets frustrating when everyone keeps saying u have to wear red on ur first day... I dont want to go by the rules and be a predictable indian bride lol thanks for all yur help. I really appreciate it do u have any recommendations of mendi artists...?
in birmingham ive heard of ladypool road and stratford road aswell as alum rock road, your bound to find something at these places. as for relatives its you day, you wear what you want, im sure you will look beautiful in whatever you decide to wear. hope it all goes well! x
samzam

in birmingham ive heard of ladypool road and stratford road aswell as … in birmingham ive heard of ladypool road and stratford road aswell as alum rock road, your bound to find something at these places. as for relatives its you day, you wear what you want, im sure you will look beautiful in whatever you decide to wear. hope it all goes well! x

alum rock road and ladypool road are much cheaper than soho road, all in birmingham
Original Poster
samzam

in birmingham ive heard of ladypool road and stratford road aswell as … in birmingham ive heard of ladypool road and stratford road aswell as alum rock road, your bound to find something at these places. as for relatives its you day, you wear what you want, im sure you will look beautiful in whatever you decide to wear. hope it all goes well! x

thanku for your suggestions. Ive been to most the places alot of u have suggested and have finally purchased my wedding dress. Thankyou all for ur help. Now that the hard bits done i can take a few days break from all the shopping. Who wouldve thought wedding shoppin would be so much stress
Can I ask, where is the best place to do shopping in Manchester? Would be grateful if u can give me street name as I am from Scotland x
Original Poster
Kat75

Can I ask, where is the best place to do shopping in Manchester? Would be … Can I ask, where is the best place to do shopping in Manchester? Would be grateful if u can give me street name as I am from Scotland x

hi sorry to say im not familiar with manchester. If anyone knows any shops in manchester please let Kat75 know. Thanks
annie_21

hi sorry to say im not familiar with manchester. If anyone knows any … hi sorry to say im not familiar with manchester. If anyone knows any shops in manchester please let Kat75 know. Thanks

not sure about shopping but best place to eat is Wimslow Road mate

annie_21

hi sorry to say im not familiar with manchester. If anyone knows any … hi sorry to say im not familiar with manchester. If anyone knows any shops in manchester please let Kat75 know. Thanks

Have you thought of taking a holiday to india, pretty cheap, mark up on sarees is immense, need to get into that business myself
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions