Recommendations for night vision camera - motion/sound activated?

Found 23rd Mar
Hi, I'm looking for recommendations please for a camera for use in my son's bedroom.

Things I'd like to be able to do:

- record a typical nights sleep to SD card
- be able to view him also in real time using my android phone or parent device
- camera would need to be motion and sound activated

Can anyone help?

Thank you in advance!
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Why
Any baby cams will be sufficient well the ones that you can use with an app and can record. I got a pan and tilt one with great night vision for £14 but to be honest I would not be happy recording a child and sending it to a Chinese cloud as most if not all of these cheap Chinese cameras do.

This is the one I bought, paid £14 from iirc gearbest but could have been bang good

Home Security Camera, DIGOO DG-M1Z 1080P IP Camera Wireless WIFI, Security Cameras Indoor Surveillance System with Pan/Tilt/Zoom Function, Baby/Pet Monitor, Night Version, Two Way Audio, Motion Detection, White amazon.co.uk/dp/…47R
Edited by: "caverncity" 23rd Mar
Would HIGHLY recommend the YI home camera 720p off amazon. The reviews don’t lie. Wait till it goes down in price though
Seriously___23rd Mar

Why

Bedtime or playtime? Escape from Alcatraz...

_Whatever_23rd Mar

Why

Because my son has been a terrible sleeper since he was born, waking 10+ times a night until almost 2 years old.

He's a bit older now & wakes up less frequently but as he's in his own room I'd like to know whether he's actually awake and just not calling me. I have a feeling this is what is happening. He certainly doesn't look refreshed in the mornings.
caverncity11 h, 21 m ago

Any baby cams will be sufficient well the ones that you can use with an …Any baby cams will be sufficient well the ones that you can use with an app and can record. I got a pan and tilt one with great night vision for £14 but to be honest I would not be happy recording a child and sending it to a Chinese cloud as most if not all of these cheap Chinese cameras do.This is the one I bought, paid £14 from iirc gearbest but could have been bang goodHome Security Camera, DIGOO DG-M1Z 1080P IP Camera Wireless WIFI, Security Cameras Indoor Surveillance System with Pan/Tilt/Zoom Function, Baby/Pet Monitor, Night Version, Two Way Audio, Motion Detection, White https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074FVX684/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_nFvTAb5EGK47R

Yes I definitely don't want anything to be recorded and potentially viewed by anyone else / sent to a 'cloud'.

Does the one you've linked to send to a cloud or not?
masterhussain11 h, 10 m ago

Would HIGHLY recommend the YI home camera 720p off amazon. The reviews …Would HIGHLY recommend the YI home camera 720p off amazon. The reviews don’t lie. Wait till it goes down in price though

Thank you
jo_bob24th Mar

Because my son has been a terrible sleeper since he was born, waking 10+ …Because my son has been a terrible sleeper since he was born, waking 10+ times a night until almost 2 years old. He's a bit older now & wakes up less frequently but as he's in his own room I'd like to know whether he's actually awake and just not calling me. I have a feeling this is what is happening. He certainly doesn't look refreshed in the mornings.

That’s fair enough. With my son be was great when it comes to sleeping through. But the xo pledge reverse with my daughter. Absolute nightmare. Still a massive pain. Can understand how this will help to see what’s going on
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions