Recommendations for personal finance software?

Found 12th Aug 2017
Was hoping to pick up You Need A Budget 4 but it seems like it's been discontinued I haven't used any software like this before. Would anyone be able to recommend any other software? Looking at a buy once rather than subscription.

Thanks!
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
I don't know what that software does or what you need, but I use Money for our personal finances. I run a limited company and use Sage for that.

What is it you need and what do you want it to do?
Original Poster
It's just to keep track of personal finances in an easy to use software package.
Money Manager Ex I've been using it for over a year now and it does everything you would need to do with keeping track of your finances. It's free, and is cross platform too Windows/Linus/IOS/Android. You can upload the "data" file to Google, or Dropbox etc, and it will auto download to your PC/Phone. So if you edit on your phone, it will auto update on your other platforms, as long as you have set it to do so.

I don't think I'll use anything else again. Seriously, it's excellent.
Keeping track of personal finances is relatively easy and satisfying. I only have experience of Money and Quicken, both are ages old and came bundled on whatever software/programs I had at the time, but I could not function without them now (money wise that is).
Edited by: "windym" 12th Aug 2017
Been using Ms money for 20 years. Superb and free now.
Original Poster
Thank you all for the replies!

I installed MS Money but I did not like the intergration with all the microsoft links and built in browser!

I have installed Money Manager Ex and I'm really impressed, I have entered all my accounts and it's really easy to use.

Thanks again
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants