Groups

Recommendations for XBOX ONE accessories - controllers? Docking stations? headphones?

Hi - am in the middle of trying to buy an xbox second hand on here or new (price dependent) but confused as to what accessories I need and which ones are any good.

I know I need 2 wireless controllers - there appear to be some (1) bog standard ones and (2) ones that charge while you are playing? Are they the only 2 choices? And of I go for option 2 do you also need a dual docking station such as this one? hotukdeals.com/tag/dea…718

Do I need a docking station and are there different choices - can someone please recommend one they have? The one I linked to above seems to be some rip off one with no electrical safety mark according to some of its reviews.

I assume headphones have to wireless. Prices seem to vary wildly - do I need them to do anything in particular for play? Do I need a microphone etc?Can someone please suggest a comfortable good pair with little interference? They do not have to be the best in the world though just a good average pair.

Cheers.

7 Comments

A TV helps.

Original Poster

Sambat

A TV helps.

Mmmm...good point

noticed some non branded docking station today in Sainsburys one was £9 I think,
    and i think the other was £12 I have the dearer venom one had it a while now and does well keeps charge etc
    Edited by: "stefromuk" 18th Dec 2016

Its important with docking stations, rechargeable that you get quality. If you don't go official at least get licensed. I just spent £15 quid (not much more than 3rd party unofficial at, say £10) which was well reviewed on amazon.

Sick of rechargables lasting weeks before you don't get a full charge/ 30 mins play time on them.

Buy official, the cheaper stuff breaks easier and isn't as well built

Original Poster

H0P3Y1987

Buy official, the cheaper stuff breaks easier and isn't as well built

Yes but "what" do I need? Thanks.

fairy

Yes but "what" do I need? Thanks.

What are you doing with it? If you're not going to play against other people across the net then you don't need a heatset for example.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions