Groups

recommendations of places to eat and go in Benalmadina

as above..
    good to hear from people that actually been

11 Comments

When I went I stayed in Benalmadina Palace. Took a trip to Gibraltar. You can either do the all day shopping trip there or shopping and the caves or the dolphin and shopping.

Original Poster

lindauk

When I went I stayed in Benalmadina Palace. Took a trip to Gibraltar. You … When I went I stayed in Benalmadina Palace. Took a trip to Gibraltar. You can either do the all day shopping trip there or shopping and the caves or the dolphin and shopping.

is it far to gibralta?? what means of transport u recommend? easiiest travelimg with kids

Edited by: "zerowing" 11th Mar 2011

Most of the places around the harbour area in Benalmadena are nice to stop at for a meal and look at all the boats. Benalmadena and Torremolinos are really 2 resorts in one and can walk for miles along the beachfront with plenty restaurants etc.

zerowing

is it far to gibralta?? what means of transport u recommend? easiiest … is it far to gibralta?? what means of transport u recommend? easiiest travelimg with kids

You can book it through your rep or one of the shops. I can't remember how much.
    Take about a hour, so might not be too good with young ones.

It's lovely to walk along the promenade.
    Can get the bus into Torremolinos for a couple of euro.

Paloma park is quite nice, There's loads of places to eat along the sea front and you can walk from the marina along to Torremolinos. There's also the Aquarium and Tivoli world.

Original Poster

Goonieman

Paloma park is quite nice, There's loads of places to eat along the sea … Paloma park is quite nice, There's loads of places to eat along the sea front and you can walk from the marina along to Torremolinos. There's also the Aquarium and Tivoli world.

oh I will check out the aqarium but tivoli is closed due to the season.

KFC. burger king, macdonalds, pizzahut.

zerowing

oh I will check out the aqarium but tivoli is closed due to the season.

Ah right, the aquarium is quite good, have a look here,
    sealifeeurope.com/loc…ena
    Oh and say hello to my parents 'cos they live there.

Is the cable car ride still there aswell? was too windy last time I went for it to operate. Take a trip to little village called Mijas in the hills. you can get a normal bus up there without having to pay through your rep etc.

Tivoli world was a rip off if i remember, but would prob be ok for kids.

I would have to disagree about eating in harbour area, overpriced and poor quality.
    We ordered Paella (20 +euros) for 2 and got 2 mussels, a spare rib with all bone and no meat plus 1 prawn. I mean 1 prawn between 2!
    We had to get McD for supper we were so hungry!
    Some restaurants on the promenade were OK and a lovely indian (can't remember name) but opposite
    supermercado next to a Bar called Cherries or something like that. We were staying near Castle Bil Bil so it is in that area
    Edited by: "karen46" 12th Mar 2011

Original Poster

karen46

I would have to disagree about eating in harbour area, overpriced and … I would have to disagree about eating in harbour area, overpriced and poor quality.We ordered Paella (20 +euros) for 2 and got 2 mussels, a spare rib with all bone and no meat plus 1 prawn. I mean 1 prawn between 2!We had to get McD for supper we were so hungry!Some restaurants on the promenade were OK and a lovely indian (can't remember name) but oppositesupermercado next to a Bar called Cherries or something like that. We were staying near Castle Bil Bil so it is in that area

thanks ill keep that in mind
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767373
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047149
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2464
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)62482

See more discussions